Is spending 10-15 minutes clicking on Refine supposed to be engaging gameplay?

My recording buffer is 5 minutes, I spent close to 15 clicking and never even saw T4 Toughness Regen Speed. Can we just remove anything below max tier perks once you get to free rerolls? Or Emperor forbid, just let us pay the full price and chose our perk. I would also be happy to spend double the price to change a second perk. It really sucks upgrading the perfect base, only to end up with one or even two(on curios) useless perks. The artificially inflated grind is really unnecessary, this is not a free to play game…

21 Likes

Yeah, at some point if the rerolls will be free just let us pick lol

5 Likes

It’s shite, it’s what many of us have been saying and it is what’s dragging an otherwise excellent game down.
But it is FatShark’s 5head designer(s?) “DeSigN iNTeNt”.
Since this is the experience they want us to have, instead of a nice one, I’m just not playing, and my review will remain negative until they get the humility to accept it’s bad and change the system.

10 Likes

…& “you” were crying at Vermintide 2…

…where when you maxed the rarity of the weapon[red] all rolls were maxed… yeah still you would nead to roll for 2 that you liked but still better x)

Here when you max level to master crafted you still nead to roll with plasteel… that is more like red dust here xD even if it was supposed to be lowest rarity resource in DT ;D

Dockets are like weapon parts ;D “no rarity” = I don’t even count them as “resource” xP

Someone say me that DT have better crafting… gona “laugh you in the face” xD

2 Likes

Was the same in vermintide, only there if you had a weapon with one really good perk and one really bad one, you had to re-roll both at once until you had the combination you wanted.
The problem is how else would you include different perk rarities without the more powerful ones, being, you know…rarer?
Better is supposed to be harder to get, cost more time and resources.
A cool way would be some kind of mission based thing to upgrade the strength of the perk you have, like each one starts at 1 and has to be upgraded through work and effort, instead of RNG.

1 Like

was the same

until they gave us Red Items, which ended this boooring cycle. while also they increased the chance of spawning red items , and be ABLE to craft red items.

1 Like

You can say the same but the availability of resources needed to reroll was a lot higher & any weapon was scrapable & if you only played a fev games you could easy get those resources[1 chest =3 weapons & even champion chest had chance for reds…low but they had when Emp.Vaults dropped usually like 15+ from 30-50 chests]…

The main issue was always the we want max weapon from the start… Here you can have master crafted in shop[Melk’s] but tell me how many master crafted were even comparable to red’s in V2… when you rolled red from chest you were happy here when i get emperor gift I see mostly garbage & Melk also dont have much to offer even when they expanded the shop to more items after many Psykers couldn’t find staffs there & only guns xP

Here even if you level up you must grind like 3-5 more time to get 1 weapon with good stats…not to mention hunting for that weapon in shop…

I see only one thing ; you didn’t win much = low roll chest only… or played low difficulties & when you struggled at difficulty change from champ to Legend[orr cataclysm] you had lesser chance for those red drops. Per say Champs dropped like 1 red mostly at ratio 1/3-80 chests if I remember from my own tests.

Trust me here it is a lot worser… & like even if you will play like 1k-2000 hours you will still have problem with plasteal… when there you would swim in green & blue & yellow dust & red would be occasionally used for DLC updates.

…& people still played the game.

I now have 3 characters on 30 level & all have one problem plasteal.

Edit : You say they increased the chances of RED’sin chest in V2??? I didn’t open chest in like when was last DLC update… Fatshark/Tencent or whatever… company must profit. Yes appeal crowds of ungrateful kids for a little of income & lose a long term playerbase. That’s nowadays reality sadly as fast profit is better for them & those above them. Sadly the thing about older games being more fun & better is true… now to many dummies want to play & end game in week to skip to another in old days you played a game for month or longer to pass on easy it & then you were hyped to try the other endings or higher difficulty [or alike]. now it’s at max week/month[if there are a lot of endings] or so & you get babysited to end the game.

i’d just love to be able to screw the random and pick any combination i like.
im not in for the items, thats just means to gameplay. im in for gameplay … i would prefer if i could grind specifically for any stat, value and combination of blessings on the types of items i prefer.
never liked too much random in any game. as my darktide character would say, this keeps the simpletons engaged, but is just boring and tedious for me.

its stupid to think that what i would prefer would happen in darktide now that i looked at some more history.

also darktide was probably the last corporate produced multiplayer game i bought in my life.
its too much of the same that is always repeating itself.

2 Likes

There’s definitely a one arm bandit feel about the whole thing… At least we can roll now, there is that lol

2 Likes

I don’t know why Fatshark is so in love with RNG. It can be fun in tabletop games. It can be fun in turn based RPGs. It’s seriously unfun here. It’s a detriment to the game. Removing player agency is not fun, no matter how insistent Fatshark is.

If they want to create time barriers, just let players craft and upgrade their own weapons using materials. If Joe Zealot wants to use an eviscerator, let Joe buy a gray eviscerator and improve it over time. It could even conceivably take longer, but still be fun and rewarding for the player if they went about it the right way.

“Ah-ha, but that doesn’t fit the lore of the sett-” Ugh, shut up nerds. Watch me make it fit in seconds. Your character spends time doing rites of repair and chanting litanies with Tech-Priest.

I know this is falling on deaf ears, because FS has already stated they think we’re a bunch of dummos that don’t know what we actually want. It would be nice if they’d stop being so obstinate and actuallu listen for once. I guess they’re gonna wait (AGAIN) until the outrage is too much to ignore and maybe we’ll have a good game in a couple years.

1 Like

Yeah I think I bothered getting a tier 4 perk on one weapon and never again, I’d rather be playing the game than wasting my time for a 1% stat increase honestly.

2 Likes

Nothing worse than just brainlessly pressing that button and what you want shows up but you’re on autopilot and you just accidentally press the button again.
Very engaging lemme tell ya.

2 Likes

ARE YOU HAPPY VARLET?!

No… I’m not happy, I’m pissed, because I spend 1½ hour listening to your repeated lines of snarky comments and I still didn’t roll the perk I wanted even though it is free. JUST ADD ALL THE COST OF ROLLING TO FREE AND LET ME CHOOSE.

4 Likes

Oh man I have to mute the game when I reroll, the throat singing noise layers itself with no restriction. It gets so damn loud lol.

1 Like

i kinda bought the game 2 times with the money i spent and i had fun for the time spent on almost 2 games so far. when i am confronted with what i know will be detrimental to my mental state in games i distance myself.
since all design decisions have to be weighted towards average consumer mentalities for more profit here, it will probably not turn out to be a game i will stick with.
also not a problem =) if all that the devs wanted was my money they got it.
just a pitty this will go as it will go.

here is how it should be designed in my opinion.
choose perks pay for it with resources upgrade level of them with more resources.
same for blessings, but let the emperor actually bless us with access to blessings for crafting instead of mostly useless weapons or curios. blessings can be removed and added for resources.
perks could unlock for you to craft with according to levelup beyond 30. no need to have more character levels just instead of gaining a level you gain access to crafting with a perk. once all perks are unlocked you could get extra bonus to resources found in missions which would stack with your strike team.
consecrate above transcendent quality increases base level rating of item for more resources.

oh yeah of course this is flawed, but a good starting point and suggestion objectively.

1 Like

I agree. It feels like a system that is deliberately there to annoy you, maybe so they can introduce a cash-based fix later? I know the CMs keep claiming that there will not be monetization for gameplay-affecting things, but given that FS has lied about so many things concerning this release, “gameplay” decisions like this feel very, very worrying to me. It’s either that or just another system there to artifically bolster player engagement (dopamine hit on finally rolling one tier 4 perk that you want, so you feel safe replacing the other one, dopamine hit on finally getting the tier 4 perk you want for the second one) - essentially a two-tiered one-armed bandit. Yet another skinner box designed to trap you, in a game already filled to the brim with them.

2 Likes

Once the crafting is fully out, I’m sure we’ll see more QoL features come with it.

They don’t claim there won’t be. They say they have no plans to do so.

1 Like

You’re right, actually. Damn it. Let’s hope our fears are unwarranted then.

Regardless its good to lodge this complaint out now.