Instead of weapon nerfs, why not bringing some love?

There are higher difficulties and often High Intensity options available if things are dying too fast.

1 Like

Wait so if a Flamethrower clears a horde instantly that’s just fine, a Vet activating and swinging his powersword is when you can’t handle it and the Devs need to step in and stop that so you can go kill that horde in melee yourself? Explain me the logic where there exist 15 other horde wiping weapons but the Powersword somehow ruins “muh fun”.

There is no such thing as “I win button” you need to retire this inane non argument because the achievement statistics simply don’t reflect that reality no matter how many times you parrot it.
Also try playing on anything other than Malice. On Heresy + a Vet will either go down instantly after 3 melee hits or he will be an actually skilled player at which point wether he has a Powersword or not doesn’t matter.

P.S.
Just incase you’re simply a jealous Zealot main that somehow can’t handle the fact that a Powersword actually acts like a Powersword ask the Devs to buff your garbage weapons like the Thunder Hammer instead of crying about other classes being enjoyable.

This is one of the best functions in the game right now and i think it should not be “corrected”.
For Veteran and Psyker i think, it is pretty much irrelevant anyway, because it makes no sense for these classes to make use of crucian roulette for increased melee capabilties.

However, for the Zealot, it is really nice because it opens up build diversity massively, by making any melee weapon viable for a crit build (which is currently pretty much limited to the dagger and maybe the eviscerator).

Crucian roulette only comes on headhunter autoguns and the revolver and requires for the mag to be (partially) empty in order to take effect.

This means that in order to make use of crucian roulette:

• the player gives up the option to bring one of the most powerful ranged weapons in the game (flamethrower and boltor)
  • the player sacrifices a lot of the usefulness of the ranged weapon they do bring, by keeping the mag empty most of the time

Using crucian roulette to buff melee capability is a significant tradeoff and imo completely fine, considering that this allows for a fully dedicated melee zealot setup.

I suggest that if crucian roulette was to be fixed, it should be replaced by something that fullfills the same purpose: a zealot exclusive item for the ranged weapon slot, that does nothing but apply buffs to what ever melee weapon you bring.
Basically “you bring no ranged weapon, so you get this melee buff instead”.

Precisely. Having someone suck up all that fun gameplay impacts everyone else’s ability to experience it.

There’s a balance in there somewhere that allows weapons to feel strong without turning the game into a walking simulator for the rest of the team and sometimes it takes nerfs to make that happen.

1 Like

I like it, but don’t always use it. It’s pretty much the only way Thunder Hammer doesn’t feel like absolute garbage to me. Other weapons work fine without it imo

This is why i think that the crucian roulette bug is good.
It makes all melee weapons feel and work better, but not so much, that you basically have to abuse it.

Like picking any other weapon, it is a consideration to use the boost to melee capacity, or a powerful ranged weapon like the flamethrower or the boltor.

To me the thunder hammer feels a lot like Bardin’s hammer and shield in V2. It feels great, generally speaking, except that the move you use all the time keeps getting stuck on things and makes it borderline unusable. It’s the main reason that the crusher totally dumps on it.

High intensity is a godsend for this issue since it means there’s just more stuff to kill, but it doesn’t stop things dying to a stiff fart when you’re using certain build/weapon combos, even at high difficulties.

It’s a tough balance to find, I think. Players need to be weak enough that you can’t faceroll over everything while playing as a unit, but strong enough that you’ve got a decent shot at surviving on your own. Incidentally, I actually think that’s something DT does way better than VT2, generally speaking.

1 Like

Ranged vs Melee

Giving up long and medium range for near-range horde control is a trade-off

The powersword has no trade off. It can be used against a heavy target, or used for horde deletion, and functions fine when there’s a mix.

What i dont understand is how you view nerf/buff as an either/or situation. I hope the devs do both, just like they have before (including VT2 in that).

Please do provide some examples how a teammate can make you feel impotent.

You should trying playing something higher than Malice then. Hell even Malice with High intensity throws enough bodies at you from everywhere, so your imaginary God teamate can’t be all at once, so there goes your “problem”.

If any weapon made the game a walking simulator this would reflect on the achievement stats for higher difficulties, but it doesn’t. Please, get some actual arguments.

Shitty dodges, incredibly weak attacks without charge up and relatively slow attacks with charge up (charge up, heavy, heavy).

Quite a few things are hard to dodge with it.
And if you get swarmed, you are done.

Try to kite a bunch of enemies with the power sword and compare it to the same situation with a lot of other weapons. The low mobility is a huge downside.

3 Likes

Heresy, bro. Try again. The bolter/powersword vet is faceroll-easy even at the high end and you know it.

Non argument. Plenty of people don’t even play higher difficulties.

You don’t have to use heavies with the special. Powered light attacks cover the weakness you’re describing there.

I agree that if you get swarmed by a group that contains multiple ragers or armoured ogryns you can get into trouble, but everything less than that is ezpz.

Bad mobility and you have to activate it like a spaz constantly.

Three heavy swipes from an activated Powersword won’t kill single Mauler on Heresy or higher, a Combat axe will kill a Crusher faster than a Powersword so no, it’s not a do all (even though it should imho)

I don’t, there is nothing that needs nerfs in the game right now, the Powersword acts like a Powersword should, it already got a nerf and the damage falloff starts from the third poxwalker. Any further nerf will make it completely pointless because Devils Claw MK1 exists, and that already has infinite left/right horizontal swipes.

On the other hand we have quite a few weapons that while are not unusable (all weapons are viable at any difficulty) they are either completely unfun to play and need buffs or lack purpose and need helping tweaks.

1 Like

Highly doubt it. But can’t disprove it. If it’s actually the case you have a whole another difficulty to help you out. Play Damnation then?

No way! Powersword and Bolter are strong? In a Warhammer game? Just no way. I don’t believe it.

It should be something like the combat knife right? Because that would make much more sense. In fact the Autogun/Combat Shovel should be meta above all.

You do realise that every single video game in existence has a meta right? What do you think it should be?

Should it be Bolters and Power weapons or the travesty that a Combat Knife is better on the Zealot than the Thunder Hammer?

Also the fact that the Bolter with Powersword is a good combo is undisputed. And? Are you going to play this combo forever? Unless you’re a military grade metaslave you won’t, so please let the weapons that make sense to be meta, actually be meta.

No your “instant win” and “walking simulator” are non arguments because if it was actually true most people would actually play higher difficulties and win them.

You saying “some weapons make game super easy” while simultaneously saying “people don’t want to play higher difficulties” is a self defeating argument.

Hey, now we’re getting somewhere! Now, accept that this combo is so strong that it makes higher difficulties easy. I know that’s what you think because you’re a pro gamer like myself who challenges themselves by using weak weapons in higher difficulties.

Now, imagine that you’re challenging yourself in higher difficulties using a weak kit and you’re on a team with another vet who’s just mulching everything using the meta combo. Oneshotting everything with bodyshots on-sight and clearing entire groups of trash with just a few sweeps, while you’re there with your laspistol and shovel and taking many times as long to make similar progress. They’re not leaving much of the game for you to play. How do you feel about that?

1 Like

Ignoring literally everything else I said I see, not surprised

Literally no-one has ever said Bolter and Powersword is a weak combo, good job you defeated your own strawman.

No it doesn’t, the data don’t show it, your one personal bias isn’t an argument. I already explained how you are wrong in the last reply, you decided to never address it.

What even am I reading here?

a) You do realise you can’t control your teammates right? Are you asking Fatshark to nerf their kit for you?

And

b) This can literally be said about any good player in existence, I had Heresy matches where two Zealots were rushing and killing everything, and I was running after them, and this means what? Nerf their kit because of me? Are you that self centered?

You must be trolling at this point. You can’t be real. You’re asking the Devs to nerf the Bolter/Powersword because it’s better than a frakking Laspistol and a Trench digger? Breh

You’re literally saying I’m playing the Laspistol and it doesn’t kill as good as a Bolter. What are you implying? Remove every other weapon from the game or nerf the Bolter to the point it’s killing potential is on par with the Laspistol? Or buff the Laspistol to the point it’s killing as much as a Bolter?

I feel like you’re legit trolling because noone would have such a brain-dead take on this.

Also if you actually somehow, for real believe the stuff you write don’t worry, single player with bots was confirmed so nobody can spoil your Laspistol runs. No need to nerf everything because you feel like you’re useless.

Ok, reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. My bad, I’ll try to be clearer from now on.

You’re saying nothing should ever be nerfed. I’m saying that allowing any combo to be so much better than everything else harms the gameplay experience for people who choose not to use it and that bringing everything else up to the level of that combo would trivialise the game even for the people who do want to faceroll over everything.

Is that better?

2 Likes

Ironic

As it is now, yes no nerfs needed.

Metaslavery is a YOU problem and there will always be gigachad players that carry no matter the meta combo. At some point you will have to comprehend this simple fact

Nobody asks for everything to be brought up to the level of Bolter/Powersword. Some weapons need buffs regardless of any other weapon just to make them actually fun to play, like the Thunder Hammer.

Don’t worry you made it extremely clear what level were functioning on here, when you said you were running after people with Bolters with your Laspistol and that made you feel bad. Crystal clear I’d say.

I can see that we’re both wasting our time. Let’s leave it here, yeah?

1 Like

You know what? With a few rare exceptions MELEE WEAPONS SUCK IN THIS GAME. They are so weak and unimpactful that they don’t even feel like weapons. I might as well be hitting enemies with a poor quality d*ldo. Feedback from these weapons can be boiled down to “I press a button and nothing happens”. They are fundamentally unfun to use because they don’t do jack. If your answer to that is nerfing the few “meta” weapons to the same level, then I sincerely wish that you’d won the biggest lottery jackpot in history and would never had to playtest a single game in your life again.

You don’t seem to understand what these words mean, my boomer dude.

Have you ever played Vermintide 2?

You are wrong. A bolter is a niche weapon with an opportunity cost. A laspistol is not even working as intended. There’s no usecase for it.

I wouldn’t agree with that, only that some base melee weapons can suck. Get the right modifiers, the right class talents and the right blessings and every melee weapon can shine. Some melee weapons function better in their base format, but those also tend to have less intense blessings and combos to make up for it.