Instantly killed at full health and toughness. FIX THIS BUG ASAP

That probably was more than 1 poxburster.
When they hit you, they deal damage as well as corruption.
If you get hit by multiple bursters exploding at the same time, their corruption can fill an entire wound, while their damage kills you.
If you only have 2 wounds, you can go from full white health with 2 fresh wounds to fully dead and waiting for rescue.

1 Like

I’ve come across many bugs and problems in my thousand plus hours but generally don’t bother complaining as others are generally already on top of berating Fatshark for them, but I met with this same bug twice last night and decided I needed to come make an account and post about it as I had not heard anyone else complain about the same thing recently.

I pay attention to my teams health and toughness, I run a kind of support Zealot - I try to prevent people going down, and if someone does go down I nuke what killed them and get them back up ASAP. I even use UI mods to make their bars bigger and easier to see. I tend to stick to “easy” Malice game too as my arthritis is kind of limiting to how much stuff I can do at once, and I know I can clutch or carry at this level for newbies and the odd inebriated or incompetent player.

During a Malice on “Smelter Complex HL17” last night myself as Zealot, my friend as Veteran, with a random Psyker and second Veteran, we experienced “sudden death” twice.

It first happened to the second veteran, I watched him cheesing a horde at a spawn door and then be dead in a split second. He went from full health and toughness to “Can be rescued in…” instantly.

A few minutes later it happened to me too. I was full health and almost full tougness when our psyker caught nasty headache and fell over. I popped my dash to get over and res him - which maxed out my toughness entirely - before the 2 or 3 poxwalkers nearby could get to him at all, but before I even completed the revive I was “Waiting to be rescued” and the Psyker was still on the ground.

My friend and the other vet came and got the psyker up and they came to rescue me a moment later, and then we stood in the area with the medicae at the entrance to the Smelter final event area for a minute talking about what just happened. We all confirmed we saw the same thing, no-one had the slightest clue why two people who were full health and toughness one moment were “Waiting to be rescued…” a split second later, with nothing more than a couple of trash mobs anywhere near them.

My friend mentioned he thought it was a burster got me as he had heard one go off but didn’t see it, the psyker said he was watching the entire time and only saw the pox walkers. I only saw the pox walkers, and the second veteran said he had no idea as all he could hear was his music but he was watching and I apparently “got yeeted to the shadow realm”.

This is by no means the first time I have seen this, but I’ve never had it twice in a single match. I stopped playing the game a couple of months ago but came back for Patch #13 after hearing good things - and for a couple of glorious days it was definitely much better than when I left. But since Patch #14 hit, between all the ghost hits, the Trappers, Pox Hounds and Mutants now deciding they can ignore some dodges, some mobs being completely silent, and some mobs just magically appearing out of thin air - I’m kinda dissapointed that after my time away from the game it feels worse to play than before - and this instant death thing is just the diarrhea icing on the poop cake.

1 Like

There was an issue with VT2 where latency can cause you to momentarily clip into a wall/floor and the kill zone under it, which caused you to just instantly die. That’s the only instant death I’ve come across so far.

skill issue :b:

That sounds a lot like getting hit by multiple bursters at the same time.

Sounds like a vet getting blasted for double dmg sprinting.

A) That was only ever a toughness multiplier, it never affected HP damage.
B) That modifier was removed from Vet back in patch 13.

I’ve also had this happen on psyker as well. I assumed it just did a crapton of damage if it blows up while touching you, but upon testing it in the meat grinder I realized that they do like half of your health at full toughness.

Something whacky is definitely going on.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.