In-progress games DO in fact break "Flawless Execution"

Issue Description:

Joining a game in-progress DOES in fact cause your Flawless Execution progress to reset. Currently the developers are unaware of this issue, or think that the issue does not exist. I reached 7/10, joined a game in progress, did not go down, get netted, or otherwise get incapacitated even once, yet my progress did not go up, even 2 consecutive missions that followed right after.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Complete a mission as defined in the penance (no KO’s / downs / crashes / w/e)
  2. Check your progress bar, it should in fact go up a digit.
  3. Join a mission in progress (which is inevitable because the game for some reason has no OPTION to NOT join in-progress missions ???).
  4. Complete it, flawlessly, without going down, crashing, w/e.
  5. Check your bar, it hasn’t gone up. Meaning, despite what your counter might say, it is in fact back down to 0.
  6. Addendum, switching characters mid progression might also break this achievement.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

N/A, happens with any mission.

Platform:

Steam.

Player ID:

Not necessary, a widely reported issue that isn’t player specific. If you’re willing to reimburse my time wasted however, I’ll provide it privately. :slight_smile:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

12/06/2022 PST -8

Reproduction Rate:

Constant (100%), as soon as I join a game in progress, my entire progress gets flushed down the toilet. This isn’t even concerning crashes, since those do it as well.

Upload Supporting Evidence:

No evidence necessary as it is a blatant script problem, my counter says 7/10 as of now.

Upload Console Log:

Not necessary, the log wouldn’t show it as there was no indicative error.

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

Again, not necessary as the issue concerns a penance.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me at 9/10 on the penance. Played 9 pre-made games and decided to finish it off with a pug queue for the 10th. Joined an in-progress game and completed it without any downs or incapacitation. Eagerly awaited the penance to pop-up at the end of the match… NOPE. It remained at 9/10 and did not go up after completing an 11th flawless malice run directly after.

I’ve got almost all the “difficult” penances people complain about, but I view this one as the hardest to complete. You have to avoid crashes, disconnects AND the random chance the game puts you in a match in progress. Would be easy IF THE GAME RELEASED WITH PRIVATE LOBBIES AS A FEATURE…

1 Like

Do you have any evidence for the counter being broken?

I asked about the interaction this penance had with in-progress matches recently and was assured that joining an in-progress match and completing it flawlessly would NOT count for the penance, but that it also WOULDN’T reset you progress.

Although, be warned that going down in such a mission WOULD reset your progress.

To sum up:
To get a +1 on the penance, you need to be in a match from the very beginning to the end and do it flawlessly.
Joining a match mid way would bar you from getting a +1, but will not reset your progress unless you get downed.

That is, if everything is working as intended!

I don’t know about OP’s situation, but from what I can tell you, I played 9/10 matches on veteran sharpshooter which counted towards the penance. This was with a group of people I teamed up with from the official Darktide Discord “looking for group” channel. I never set out to get the penance, but by the time we disbanded the team late into the night, I had made it to 9/10 on the penance. I queued up for another match solo thinking I could finish it off because I wasn’t sure if quitting the game at the time would reset it, so I wanted to make sure I got it done.

Loaded into a match in progress and completed it without any character downs, yet it did not proc the 10/10 for the penance completion. Tired and confused, I joined another game which started off in the lobby and completed that without any character downs too. The bar still remained at 9/10 so it had obviously been reset to ZERO. There is no other way to explain this.

As a theory, I have wondered if what happens to the character slot you load into during an in-progress game has an effect? Meaning, did someone go down in the in-progress match before I connected? Did I take their place after loading in and did that somehow reset the counter? Possibly.

All I know is the moment I no longer had three dedicated players to play with and solo-queued into an in-progress match, the penance reset. This seems to be the case for OP too.

Being that the game just came out and the average playerbase won’t come close to running multiple malice missions in a row without going down at all, I’d imagine this bug will not be widely reported for some time.

How would one even replicate the proof of this? Would someone need to record themselves completing mission after mission with no downs and then also record an entire match of them joining an in-progress game, then another full match afterwards, open their penance tab and show how the counter has stopped? My bar is sitting at 9/10, so I won’t be able to replicate this. In fact, I’ve kind of given up on getting this penance because it’s hard enough nervewrackingly playing perfect for 10 malice missions in a row, when something a stupid as joining an in-progress match can reset the entire thing.

2 Likes