Flawless Execution

Issue Description:
I’m elevating this to a bug report, because the implementation is so problematic it cannot reasonably be intentional.

As I document here…

… players who have connectivity or reliability problems are unfairly penalised in their efforts to complete the Flawless Execution penance because crashing or losing connection at any time completely invalidates the mission for the purposes of adding to the player’s streak, but being downed in the rest of the mission can still completely reset the player’s progress, meaning that it can be necessary to flawlessly complete many more than the 15 missions nominally required.

Additionally, as I discovered on my last game, progress can also be reset by wounds taken to the bot while disconnected.

This is toxic from the perspective of teamplay, as it means the penance actively discourages reconnecting to a mission if connection is lost.

Steps to Reproduce:
Lose connection to a game, then rejoin.

If completed successfully, the mission will not count towards Flawless Execution progress.
If downed, (or if the bot is downed while disconnected), Flawless Execution progress will be reset.
(Using (Obsolete) PenanceDetails at Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Nexus - Mods and community to track current streak)

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.