Improve HUNTSMAN ACTIVE

I cant understand how bh outperform hs
Only elf careers are outperform hs boss dealing
Shade > elf with hagbane > huntsman

Huntsman can kill boss with only 2 ult and infinte ammo with both handgun and bow

Mind if i ask your steam profile or upload your game play

I want check yours

I dont understand why you think hs is worse than bh
For boss deal, only elf careers can outperform huntsman (shade and other with hagbane)
For ammo, Unlimited ammo with both gun and bow
Kill all special with body shot and dont have to wait crit talent if bring gun
Has halberd so melee is ezpz

Would you put your steam profile here?
I want to see your game play

I like the huntsman as is, he’s a perfect class to kick from quick play and helps picking a class easier because he’s so bad. Keep huntsman bad!

You don’t need to see my profile like if you are an officer and I a suspect. Some things are just facts, like that BH can bodyshot all specials + SV and mauler (HS, with the standard build, only Flame, Ratling, Assassin and SV)… and I have always a crit ready. But, anyway, volley xbow has an incredible rate of fire… two its shot are fast like one human longbow heavy charge shot. So crits are not fundamental. And you also can reach some breakpoints to kill also without crit (obv, not every specials).
Or also that BH has better ammunitions recover (+9 arrows per shot with volley xbow)

Anyway, if you think that HS does more damage than BH against bosses, and since you talked about posting videos for first, post your gameplay.

As I have said, I have tried all (light attacks, normal and heavy charged ones and all pot combination); and, when possible, I aim to the head.

I respect your opinion, but I think that it does not correspond to reality for reasons that I have already written.

Patch kinda nerfed him way too hard. Needs more consistency. Also, it feels like he goes into slow-mo when he goes into active. What’s up with that.

1 Like

Doing it again, huh?
Another BUFF HUNTSMAN thread.
You create basically the same thread every week or so.
You even publicly threatened to leave the game (kek!) because of it.
Every time you’re countered by people who mostly agree huntsman is balanced.

Yet you do, week after week.

Who stated it’s a boss killing career?
It can be special/elite deleter with extreme efficiency. He can bodyshot everything that isnt CW/Mauler on extreme range. (Handgun tested & approved.)

Seems inefficient? You’ve clearly never stomped a troll with repeated headshots.

They’re the same thread over and over.

That is an opinion.

You cling to using bow and bow only. Huntsman actually performs very good on other weapons too.

You;re proven to be out of touch every thread, by multiple people.

Stop

1 Like

You totally agree, under active you ‘‘gain’’ these penalty:

• -5% dodge range

• -10% movement speed

And also some bonusses are useless, like reload speed with longbow.

I have added this in the first post, thank you for reminding me.

• and you respond every time :rofl:… however many have agreed;

• his active/talents, as I have already said; without more damage against bosses they are more or less nonsense;

• you clearly don’t know how to do damage with other careers;

• like your answers;

• wut? This isn’t a speech about longbow/handgun;

• just your answers like infant and arrogant troll are out of touch.

i would understand if you do crusade against shade or hagbane WS and HM
but i cant agree HS is less boss dealing potential compared to BH
if BH use normal xbow, even though BH use str potion, BH can’t excel HM’s dealing to boss for both bow and gun
vxbow has good damage potential against boss but you need to sacrifice xbow’s one shot killing crit ability in long range
HS has great dealing potential when you use it right way
for example, in my experience, at halescourge a group with HS as main dealer can kill chapter boss with 2 ult with gun fast reload build
which is a group with BH as main dealer can’t
with handgun, HS will clear every SV and special and reloading is not a problem cuz of 2 reload talent
yes, it will bad against horde but we know he has halberd
for both patrol, HS is also better than BH
using handgun, you and your team can kill all SV pat with 1 ult
for Chaost pat, HS can kill 2~3 cw with 1 ult
only elf can deal better compared to HS cuz elf even can kill entire chaos pat with str + hagbane

in deed, HS is more powerful than BH when modifier is making elite 2 x hp and 2 x dmg or replacing field mobs as elite
when my group doing deed, we prefer HS + (HM Shade WS) for dealer and tanker(also for grim taker) as zealot and slayer

also i did level challenge skittergate killing rasknitt and deathattler 15s? 30s? challenge with bow huntsman player
we made rasknitt jump from deathattler, he dealt rasknitt 10~20s i remember and he makes rasknitt burnout with 1 potion
while rest 3 dealt deathattler like 50%~60% HP which is BH can’t make this situation
we did this after level challenge update so it is after HS nerf and HS is still powerful with right hand

you said that your BH always crit ready… then why your HS can’t headshot for unlimited ammo, burst dmg against boss?
you need 2 headshot only for keeping 15 level reloading talent for 1 ult. 1 for before ult and 1 for during ult

1 Like

I was talking about volley xbow… it melts bosses better than HS; it bodyshots every special + SV and Mauler; and it also has a great range (it is enough to spam single arrows for 1/2 seconds and you kill every specials at every range; 1/2 seconds, the same time that one longbow heavy charged shot takes).

But talking about your example… I could kill a SV group doing always headshot with a relativly slow weapons (so I need time and aim), or I could just spam volley hits… without specific build (because I use crit power and power vs monster) I kill 3-4 SV in 2-3 seconds.
p.s I think that with specific breakpoints you can bodyshot them also without crit;
p.p.s You can kill them with one headshot also without crit and specific build.

I think HS is better only against rasknitt.

Because not always is possibile to hit the head… and, also when possibile, hit the head with every shot is harder… so high risk, without high reward (because BH recover 9 arrows per enemy with a simple bodyshot, and because for an instant crit it is enough one melee kill).

p.s anyway, as I have said, I often do headshots.

I do respond. Because i find forcing changes riddiculous. And it would be a shame to not participate.

Opinion. Rather unsupported.

Again, ad hominem, because you lack examples or can’t be bothered.
Everything on other classes is easy, everything on yours is hard. We get it.

So, I can’t play because of “reasons”, but when you cant excell in a class it’s suddenly game mechanics problem?

No. only with crit. Not as reliable as Huntsman in dense horde.

No. Volley Crossbow doesnt penetrate shields. And you won’t crit every shot

Not according to dmg spreadsheet.

This only works on close range, before damage fall off. And then you’re standing there with empty magazine.
Not to mention huntsman can pick them from far further range.

And you also forget Bh doesnt get the invisibility, which can be a lifesaver.

• your are opinions; I have already brought the facts;

• I followed only your reasoning…

• Exactly this type of reasoning ‘‘git gud1!1!1!!11!!1 xDxdXdXd’’… it is simply the truth that it is not always possibile possible hit the head; and also, logic wants that an harder thing shoul be rewarded more; and this doesn’t happen.

• if a player play well, it is possibile have’‘always’’ a crit ready (at least 90% of the times); and anyway, ad I have already said, two volley shots are faster and more efficient than one bow heavy charged attack;

• just handgun can penetrate shield, but this does not compensate the handgun bad performace;

• I have not range problem. If you spam single arrows, in 2 seconds, you can kill every specials at every range… even HS takes 2 seconds to charge the heavy shot. While 90% of SV are at close/medium range.

Anyway this is offtopic. The point is: if his active and his talents are thought to do more damag against boss… but the career does same damage or less, there is objectively a problem.

Jeez the career is pretty much perfectly balanced right now apart from some quality of life changes. Heck only thing you can realistically complain about kruber at this point is halberd.

Everyone here knows the other ranged careers are busted so why on earth do we need to make this one busted as well ?

2 Likes

I am here because, as you have said, there is a disparity… if Fatshark nerf other careers then I am fine.
The difficulty level is Fatshark decision… for me have a nice balance os enough.

P.s anyway the old active damage multiplier (before autocrit patch) was the best. Imho.

I wish this forum had a laughing emoji instead of just a heart…

I agree with your response and I found it amusing.

:laughing: ← psssst, it totally does.

Well, so you agree about the disparity.

I would cuss. But apparently I can’t do that here either. I feel dumb.

I still want the laughy face as a clickable thing below the post – like the heart.

I agree that HM is balanced right now. He plays fine – like the vast majority of people have said already.

Some of the other ranged classes need some work. There have been numerous posts saying the same thing – including some of my own. Like the proc interaction on pyro/beam. Or infinite ammo on ranged classes. Those are problems. But they don’t mean I agree that HM needs changed. They indicate a need to fix those other classes.

Or the balance of the classes generally. How about how practically every subclass only has between 7/15 and 8/15 usable talents? Or how FS seems to hate WHC and BW? Or how RV feels like a super weak version of both HM and BH – but bombs I guess? Or the fact that whoever picked out Sienna’s weapons decided she should suck at melee? Somehow a sword that is on fire does terrible damage…

I know you’re upset about the HM ult, but, honestly, it works well and the class as a whole is competitive with the higher damage classes. There are balance issues in the game that are more important.