I'm once again asking for weapon scrap/swap for materials

Hey there,

Many of us who have been playing for a long time have hoarded many transcendent weapons that are not “best in slot” and we don’t wanna sell them for just a couple of thousand of ordo dockets because we already have 25 million of them (and we’ve spent too much time and mats crafting them too)

It would be nice if we could “donate” them to the Inquisition for 15% of their value/worth in plasteel/diamantine.
The 15% number is not something odd, in fact, if you buy weapons from brunt’s armory for ordo dockets you can sell them back for 15% of the ordo dockets you spent to acquire them.

I think getting back 15% of the materials needed to fully upgrade a gray weapon to transcendent is a good idea for the following reasons:

1) It further incentivize players to craft weapons knowing that even if the weapon ends up bad (RNG Gods are testing you) you will get some of your materials back.

2) If you successfully complete a heresy / damnation mission the emperor’s reward is now worth something (materials) even if you have better weapons in your arsenal.

3) It doesn’t inflate the economy; If you think about it, a 380-basic-modifiers fully upgraded weapon from Gray to Orange is worth around 1350 plasteel (150+200+400+600), less if it’s not a 380 weapon. Therefore, 15% of 1350 is 202 plasteel. Consider it a small boon for clearing Damnation or a small refund for not rolling your dream weapon.

4) Incentivize players to clear their inventories; Right now if a weapon “could” be useful in a future update you have reasons to keep it. It’s probably better for QoL of players and Fatshark alike to have accounts that don’t keep hundreds of weapons in their inventories

By the way, my game keeps crashing after the latest patch if I open my inventory too often because I have too many items. I’m pretty sure other’s with humongous inventories are experiencing the same problem.
This suggestion is fixing this issue too.

old thread:

6 Likes

This is actually good feedback
should fatshark implement something like this? - Yes
Will they? - Doesnt seem likely

I really think it’s a QoL change more than anything and will actually motivate people to

1. run more missions for loot
  2. clear their inventories for mats
  3. use the mats (instead of hoarding them)

Now, if FS has already decided they’ll NEVER implement this QoL change then they could at least do us a favor and let us know @FatsharkCatfish

yes!
Let us partake in glorious recycling.
That’s something proggressive Sweden should obviously allow :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.