Ideas for new missions:

Story#1: During warp travel Gelar field flickered, warp entities invaded Morningstar ship, defend: so this coud be a mission like Fortunes of war in vermintide 2.

Story#2: Go to agri world or into catachan jungle to grab some artifact important for inqusition: This woud add to variety of maps so not only limit missions into hive

Story#3: Spacehulk emerged, there is important captive in stasis, but tyranids awoke on board

Story#4: Play alongside ultra marines on battlefield, for example they fight chaos marines which you cannot engage because they instantly kill you if you do, but you need to kill nurgle paesantry around Ultramarines so they can progress, so concept of mission is to support angels of wars as normal human not to engage the enemies they do but help them indirectly

Story#5:
Board and sabotage chaos crusade warpship to stop reinforcements to hive city

1 Like

I like your ideas.

Story 4 might be a little over the top though - although hunting down a single plague marine as an alternative to assassination could be cool. If the Imperium commits Astartes in force Atoma had to be a open warzone and the lore of the other missions wouldn’t work well around that anymore in my opinion.

Story 5 - also slightly over the top. Instead of a crusade ship make it a suspicious freighter you board to control and that turns out as covert Chaos vessel.

I’m hoping that the Horde mode here is very much improved on what we have already seen. Like having Gears of War like system, were you can build stuff up (Fortifications, AI allied units, Auto Turrets…)

Could have a few different maps, each taking place in medium to large areas like the Hub, the Metalfab last stand, the Bridge…

But still would need new modes

You wouldn’t even need to leave the planet or even go to Catachan (Also how would you explain the Scab/Dreg being there) to have a new map that is forestrery, like there are Chem Forest and Chem Gardens, and even Pleasure Garden in the upper hives.

And use the same system we currently have to get 3+ missions from the map, each reusing some part of the map and introducing new unexplored parts

Space Hulk with Tyranids is Deathwing. GSC/Tyranids shouldn’t appear here as they can’t be made to work on most maps without breaking the narrative. + they can’t be made to work with the Scab/Dreg like VT2 had the Skaven/Norscan and the Beastmen allied up.

No Space marines

Most likely won’t happen, but sabotage missions could work as an objective, and we might see a Chaos Hive with the second one

Chaos space marine woud be nice boss…but to stick to the lore cut scene shoud be like this: he fight with emperor space marine on mission, and kills him but that emperor space marine tear piece of his armor during fight, so rejects have chance, otherwise no chance 4 paesant reject coud kill intact chaos spacemarine.

Warhammer 40k is wast universe, you can go in any direction you want and cant mistake… in vermintide 2 they alraedy started to introduce undeads in last mission, they cant mistake if next mission will be undead only, those enemies dont necessary need to work together. All you need is to wrap some lore why shoud you do mission versus diferent enemy and thats it. like bring somehting to help you fight your primary enemy.

In addition spacehulk guys working with fatsharks (as I heard) so genestealers models is lets say 80% done if they wish to add diversity after justify with some story

I agree with you that game shoud never offer players to play space marine, but maybe add chaos space marine as boss, concept when you are paesant human reject in that dangeorus world is much better immersion than being god who walk around and kills all like moles.

Ultimate reward for rejects: Inquisitor get you voucher to spend night with st. Celestine :rofl: in bar offcourse, than you notice that she is not marry material, but heavy drinker :innocent: :rofl:

VT2 won’t get additional enemies, those Undead are not really enemies as they don’t have AI behaviors, VT2 is at the limit that the engine can support.

As for Darktide and warhammer 40k, 40k is vast, too vast to have everything featured, Chaos, which can be made to work all together is vast enough to add enemies in droves, more enemies than a tide even need.

Never heard of that, but if Streum On and Fatshark collaborate on something, it’s most likely to give Streum On advices on how to make Deathwing 2, which would be an appropriate time to do it as both the Dark Angels and the Tyranids are getting updates to their lores. Not to exchange models and stuff. (asked on the discord and no one has any idea where this would have came up)

As for GSC, there is actually a few GSC things, like the Rashad Axe, the Jackals bikes and Quad, the Trapper even is inspired by a GSC unit/model. And in VT2 they have picked ways to make the different factions work together, Chaos doesn’t work with anyone else than Chaos.

Higher Sectors could become invaded like how Throneside currently is, not saying we should get vacations in he upper hives, but we could be sent there for a mission

I think I readed this somewhere when Darktide is in early announcments, this has logic because deathwing is closest game to darktide. If i read wrong than I just apology

Chaos have hard time even to work with chaos, unless everchoosen leads them, and even than they do a circus, Troll king killed poor Sigvald girl etc, tzench bird tryed to betray etc…
it woud more fit to lore if they just bribed Rasknit with few vagons of warpstone to build gates for them for succesful invasion, and provide troops to defend his operations.

There is not much logic to it, like FS got help from GW/BL writers, but otherwise they don’t really work the same way.

But they can, while GSC/Tyr can’t, like Eldar and Chaos or Tau and Necron.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.