Huntsman is in a weird place rn

It actually has pretty good synergy.

• Keep it Coming can extend the clip to 12 shots
  • Makin’ it look easy can pump out crits on high RoF weapons like Repeater
    (Repeater has better synergy with Makin’ it look easy than e.g Blessed Shot)
  • Shot Crafter returns 6 ammo per special kill
  • Activating Hunter’s Prowl reloads instantly & grants infinite ammo for 6 seconds.

I’d argue he uses Repeater Handgun better than other ranged careers.
WS could maybe do something with it & serrated shots.

They could tone down the recoil, especially on left clicks.

That’s reasonable, charge 2 and 3 sharing the same cleave is odd.

I am not sure about the Bows penetration. In my eyes, the zoom needs to die and the “crosshair” to snap to the dot once the third stage is drawn. (Seriously. The Nuclear Fairy Bow came with no shenanigans and just being able to click aim without having to fear a zoom is just beautiful.)

Getting bolted to the ground while zooming is just horrible.

The Handgun hardly ever sees use on my Hunstman. The last time I equipped it was on a Seek and Destroy Against the Grain deed. Specials were just too far away for the Bow, or Repeater.
I honestly think that the Repeater is Huntsmans most versatile weapon atm, which benefits as the only weapon fully from Prowl, and gets buffed by Makin it look easy and Keep in coming. (Another benefit is not having to deal with the clunky bow.) If one can run without Thick Hide, Shot Crafter makes it possible to run Hunter, or Barrage, which boosts the monster damage by alot.

2 Likes

My bad, I had to be more precise. I mean, obviously Rep Gun synergizes with super generic talents like ammo regen… I meant that it does not synergize with the “headshot” style of career… which, in addition to the style itself, also has an exaggerated number of headshot-based talents.

1 Like

repeater is capable enough to take advantage of his hs buffs at least
it’s not demanding constant headshots

what if they reduce the spread/recoil on repeater?
dunno why the left clicks have more vertical recoil than right clicks

I’d genuinely like to see a skirmisher/targeteer talent

• Flat spread reduction
  • Spread no longer increases while moving
  • No ranged movement speed penalty while aiming, firing etc

Examples: firing quick arrows with manbow, aiming with handgun and spinning repeater handgun

Could replace Longshanks on level 25
A few people said Huntsman feels immobile, slow and crude; this should lessen that feeling.

1 Like

Regarding “Huntsman - Rep Gun” synergy, we talked about it here, so it’s not very useful to repeat ourselves (I just think it’s a strong weapon, definitely an efficient build, but I don’t see synergies with headshots).

About the rest, you said interesting things… but I think Rep Gun is perfect as a weapon, and therefore I would not want it to become excessively strong with hypothetical buffs and therefore to nerf (because you know, when Fatshark nerfes something, they often exaggerate :stuck_out_tongue: )… also because, always in my opinion, if Rup Gun is not a suitable weapon to headshots it’s not primarily for the spread, rather for the nature itself of “spammer”.
The talents you have proposed are good, but here we have (actually Fatshark) to make a decision: to make Huntsman ONLY headshots based (but, then, they have to add more suitable weapons… because, at the moment, only the bow really is… not even Handgun, as it can just bodyshot)… or to leave him an internal niche of “diversity”, more oriented towards spam/bodyshot, and therefore give to him talents dedicated to this…

And, with regard to talents, there would be a book to write… because, personally, I’d revolutionize EVERYTHING. Yes, without a doubt Longshanks is one of those to fix (we could still merge them: + 10% mov speed + no spread reduction moving, for example)… but, speaking of the “not-headshots builds” discourse, the starting point should be tier 20, where we have only headshots based talents (and here, imho, the weakest option is reload speed on headshot… a talent only useful with Handgun… and not so much, since current Handgun relies heavily on bodyshots).

@Incandescent

Burst of Enthusiasm might actually be good with buffed passive Makin’ it look easy.
It’s already usable with repeater due to the sheer spam & amount of hs/crit procs; it’s good at preventing THP decay.

This indirect buff might be all it needs but hypothetically if it isn’t, what do you think of halving it but granting green HP?

“Scoring a ranged headshot or critical hit grants 1 health. Critical headshots double the effect. Effect can trigger once per attack.”

1 Like

That could be interesting, though I think if there’s any dps boosting talents on that row (as there are currently) then they’ll always win out. Playing huntsman for damage after all

I think Hunstman is one of the strongest classes in the game. I use a repeater rifle build and I run through specials, armored, and monsters. Mace and Sword produce temp health extremely well when doing block attacks. CW don’t really die as fast when compared to bow but for what it does it does really well.

https://www.ranaldsgift.com/2/113312/33,4,3,6/14,3,5,7/1,2,1/1,5,1/1,2,3

I’m only talking about my build. Other weapons and builds I don’t have an opinion on.

@Zoso I run a similar build for Repeater, usually Makin’ it look easy and moving some properties around.

@Incandescent Yeah it will more than likely get overshadowed but the concept is there.

Huntsman is strong, he has some wiggle room to get stronger but my aim is based on this:

“open up for a subset of players that might have felt daunted by the high reliance on headshotting to trigger effects in his kit.”… “reward skillful players while also opening up talent options for those that want a more straight forward approach to Huntsman.”

I use BoE because of the melee crit while using block attack. It gives you a very large amount of THP when triggered and it gets triggered a lot. Especial since Huntsman is so offense focused.

? burst of enthusiasm is only supposed to work on ranged attacks

2 Likes

The way it reads to me is ranged headshot or Crit attacks give 2. Crit headshot give 4.

So it reads headshots OR crits give 2. Crit headshots give double, meaning 4.

Yeah I’m a little confused too.
Could be on about stagger thp + pushes
mace & sword can pump out a lot of stagger thp just through pushes

BoE only affects ranged and Blunderbash crits; the latter has been drastically nerfed but there’s a bug that grants THP on non blunderbash crits. (I don’t know what causes it)

1 Like

OK yeah so ranged headshot OR ranged crit on body give 2hp. Ranged headshot crits give 4. ( I read it wrong now I get it.)

Also, yes, push attacks with stagger on melee attacks give significant thp.

Does anyone here actually use Make 'Em Bleed?

Currently I don’t rely on it for damage but I understand it’s useful against bosses.
I personally use One in the eye for Manbow and Keep it Coming for everything else.

3 Likes

Pretty much, Make Em Bleed has some advantages in meme boss killing builds but generally speaking the other two options have better output imo

Also new take, aside from reworking existing talents maybe its just manbow that needs some tweaks, removing charge 3 fov change, and perhaps tweaking its boss damage to be more reliable inside of prowl, while keeping its headshot centered game play.

At the same time we could adjust some of his other less used and headshot centric talents to synergize better with the rest of his arsenal such as repeater, BB, or Handgun

We could bake some stuff in, make far left talent row fairly assorted weapon / crit centric and then make right row headshot generally manbow centric maybe even tweak implementation of prowl. Not sure if a full rework is needed but…

I feel like it’s there as a DPS option for those not confident enough in their aim to run One in the Eye. That and boss debuffing I guess. I do kinda wish the crit side of HS’s identity was fleshed out a little more.

1 Like

I never used Make em Bleed. It is far too cryptic.

Does it trigger on the first crit, or just the following hits? Whats the duration? What similar effects? Is the damage boost for you, or for the whole team?

Make em Bleed is just a prime example of how to not do Talent descriptions.

it applies on the hit that procs it, pretty easy to test on keep dummies. Works for the whole team. Similar effects refers to BH’s open wounds or WHC’s witch hunt. It’ll stack with shrapnel.

Only things I can’t tell you off the top of my head is the duration and what interaction it has with bulwark’s bonus if any

ngl forgot this trait existed

2 Likes