Huntsman boss killing too strong?

With a good player? Oh let’s see. WS, BH, Pyro, Merc, Zealot, WHC, Shade.
Just to name a few that a good player can easily use to top the scoreboards.

2 Likes

All of my footage is with charged attacks I’ll have to make some more where I’m just left click spamming hordes as him. His horde clear is better with LB because of the crit he has. I was doing it wrong.

Yep, exactly what I have in mind. Bow is already too strong at clearing the level. So we either have to nerf this super fun signature weapon, or active. I choose active. But!

But CW killing is still there. 1 crit is more than enough to deal with CW. It’s just that you can’t remove whole patrols anymore. But tbh Bow is so good at dealing with CWs, that you don’t need not ult. And with bosses, it also deals crazy amounts of damage even without no ults. Now you’re just gonna have to play smart, breaking distance, aggroing boss, deaggroing them with ult, waiting, repositioning.

On every postion? Really. With Merc you can top horde, specials and elites at the same time? Or Zealot and WHC?

I’m not saying he has bad horde clear, he has excellent horde clear. But it is in no way better than Sienna. It just isn’t. He still has to line up the trash to get the crit procs or run out of ammo in a hurry.

She can just spam her nukes.

Can he almost instantly delete a nicely corriodred horde? Yeah, so can just about anything in this game.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe you need to see some really good players, but trust me. Insane things can be done by almost any career in the right hands. It’s kinda why we’re saying scorecards are meaningless.

2 Likes

It’s not just corridors though. He can do it in the open too.

Thanks. Will try it out tonight in legend.
How does this build do against specials and elites when not under active skill?
X1 headshot kill? X2 bodyshot kill?
What about storm vermins and chaos warriors?
Looks like with all that power vs. Monster could prob x1 hit bodyshot packmasters?

I definitely like the idea of splitting the ult into two different parts, first a stealth for positioning, second a dps increase (with separate durations). The ult already gives reload speed, doesn’t it?

I wonder if they could separate the damage increase for different weapons, i.e. longbow gets x1 damage, but handgun/repeater get the x1.5. Then you could adjust the ult down for the over-performing longbow but keep guaranteed crits and a buff for the other weapons. Probably complicated code-wise.

I really like the idea where the damage buff is a single attack, so even if you had a purple pot you could get maybe 3 shots (so 50% of a boss health maybe, but would take longer). It’d give you the stealth time to aim for the head or re-position without losing ult dps. It does gut the ability to wipe chaos patrols, and the current cooldown would feel too long but reducing the cooldown would be complicated by the ability to abuse it on bosses.

1 Like

In the same way LMB spam on WS for instance does exactly the same, with a bit less cleave. But if we are talking about in the open with fully spread out horde, the cleave stops mattering.

He will have a bit better ammo regen than WS if you headshot the horde, but that’s about it. It’s still an arrow weapon, with the limitations that comes with it. He’s spamming arrows, not nukes.

2 Likes

That sounds like an absolutely terrible ult. We have enough of those in the game already. Not that his ult now is anything special aside from the damage it gives.

Good luck using that ambush to ‘position to get a headshot’ then watch the boss switch aggro and direction just as you’re about to use your one shot with slightly higher crit. Yeah, sounds awesome, that.

You know you’re pretty much describing RV’s ult, except instead of crits for the duration, HS gets to have ONE crit. Yeah.

2 Likes

I think reload speed should be enough, but this stat can be individually balanced indeed.

Yeah, that’s why it shouldn’t be reduced too much. 30% or so.

Hey, I’m trying to add to the discussion instead of shooting everything down. Our ideas aren’t perfect and they aren’t meant to be, hence the discussion.

And to your edit: Ranger Vet doesn’t have the longbow.

2 Likes

Until you pop ults, and then your cleave is magic. And you’re also not wasting ammo.

Preemptively explaining how this works, and why’s that no just 5 seconds of unlimited ammo: you shot at enemies until you have 30%-50% of ammo left. You pop ult, continuing to shoot. Why your ult ends, you’re full ammo.

No, I’m sure he’s more than happy with the ranged options he has, none of which actively try to get him killed, or punish him if he tries for a zoom.

TBH, Fatshark reworking anything beyond base stats is kind of a longshot. They haven’t even finished all the red skins for the weapons that were in the game at release. They will adjust some numbers, because that’s what they apparantly have the capacity to do.

1 Like

Yes thank you, I know how the ult works on hordes. RV says hello, by the way, as he does the same thing.

2 Likes

No problem. It’s not hard for me to repeat stuff, to make sure people know what I mean.

Sure, but that’s a different topic. I dislike the zoom/switch on Kruber’s bow also.

Sure. I don’t know how many man-hours they’re devoting to this. If we assume they’re doing the barest minimum they’d just lower the damage caps on bosses. They clearly have the capacity/desire to make complex changes; they changed the damage/scaling calculations (finesse) a few patches ago. Maybe they want to fix this problem for good. I don’t know.

Being pessimistic is understandable and fair, it just isn’t particularly useful here.

Most of the strength of Hunstman is in the crit chance. Focus on getting 5% on your push weapon (melee) and 5% on ranged. The rest doesn’t really matter. You’ll have 45% crit with his active.

Go for headshot > bodyshot and repeat. The crits will take care of the rest. If not, charged shot > light shot specials. Without a Crit SV take two body shots and one headshot. You’ll have so much crit that you’ll kill them instantly half the time anyway.

Chaos Warriors depends on the angle and range you’re firing from. Go for headshot spam if he’s right in front of you, or head > body if he’s farther away.

Packmasters are classed as skaven. :slight_smile: You’ll see the crit vs specials and elites anyway.

I’m not sure if i am misunderstanding something here, but the longbow deals:
36 on bodycrit
42.5 on headshotcrits
18 on regular headshots
10.5 on regular bodyshots
With 1 crit, you need 6 headshots or 9 bodyshots

Uploading a vid to show how you can clear everything ridiculously easily. Feels a lot like Swift Bow in V1 or WS +Pyro pre nerfs.

I played really badly, but he’s so cheesy I don’t really want to play him and record again.

Here’s a little sneak peak:

Look at the melee kills ahahahhahahah :wink: