How do I get Bright (red) Dust

I’ve been playing this game for a fair while since the halloween sale but I’ve never been able to get any red weapons, do I need to play on a certain difficulty or is there something else I need to do to get it?

You need to play on at least champion and receive at least a generals chest (the level directly below emperor vault).

If I am not mistaken, commendation chests also have a chance to drop red weapons. It’s just that the chances are abysmal.

What are the chances anyway?

Pretty sure there are no official numbers. All numbers are player guesses taken from just opening chests and calculating odds.

I found a Spreadsheet from 2 years ago on reddit with some numbers.
Also apparently someone had a Red drop Emperor Veteran Coffer but I can’t tell you the drop chances there.

surprised no one’s datamined the game to see the official numbers, really disappointing we have to got through all this effort to even just know how to get this stuff

Those who could do it probably did not feel the need, people got the loot % experiments done really damn fast.

I think it took less than a single year for it to be known to the general playerbase that emperor vaults has 20% droprate for a red. First big test i recall reading about was done with 1000 of those vaults.

Where did you find the drop rates?

EDIT: Ah, found it here!

Looks like 20% is pretty spot on. I thought it was 15% from counting about 100 Emporer’s Vaults myself, but that’s not a huge sample size.

Assuming it takes about 40 minutes to get through a Legend mission with all the books and that you get an Emporer’s Vault every time, that’s about 3 hours 20 minutes per Veteran tier item. I’m no expert at odds, but to get a useful melee and ranged item, and one of every trinket at 300 power means a lot of grinding. I was roughly 1400 hours of playtime when I had at least one of every Veteran tier item for every career that currently exists.

1 Like

40 minutes is a fairly generous estimate isnt it? I though 20-30 minutes was a normal time for a run…but i wont dispute that it takes a dang long time to farm out all the illusions.

I just made everything red, got alternate build options for some stuff, and then called it done, a few times over on elf just because i spammed her too much. :joy:

That said, would indeed be nice if specific illusions were purchaseable in lohners shop, be it with shillings or with dust.

A user has collated data from multiple users’ thousands of box openings and recorded the loot drop rates here: Vermintide 2 Loot Drop Rates. According to that, Legend Emperor’s Vault red drop chances are around 20%, which seems to reflect the actual drop rate as per my experience. Commendation chest red drop chances are 1.25%.

Loot drops are calculated server-side. The official numbers can’t be datamined (unless someone were to hack Fatshark servers…) since the data is not in stored in the downloaded game files.

Fatshark_Hedge: Hello keen data-gatherers!

I come bearing news.

The LUA you have found does not actually determine the drop rates for items in the production environment - that is to say - these do not impact the drop rates in the live game and are actually used in-house to determine drop rates in the development build using a… for want of a better phrase, “local backend”.

Loot rates are controlled via our… for want of a better phrase… “production backend” and aren’t visible via datamining.

I know… BOOO & HISS.

I’m sorry.

==edit==

They probably shouldn’t be in the live game files. This has been noted in the book.

Source:

1 Like