Hotfix #27 (1.2.13)

I believe that for 2 reasons:

  1. They said the end of the month in the announcement.
  2. I think that the Vanguard Bundle was initially going to be a non-exclusive Anniversary Bundle. For what other reason would they take this long shipping a couple of reskins?

I could be VERY wrong, though.

Not every patch will contain a fix applicable to all players. While I’ve been fairly fortunate in not suffering many crashes, I’ve been happy to see a number of crash-related fixes - nobody wants to deal with that and, after the fix, some people won’t have to anymore

It’s not the first time someone has commented on it, but… of all the things to complain about, it seems way down there. Reminds me of an Irish YouTuber who introduces his videos with “Hey spuddies”. I don’t think anyone believes it is being said as anything other than his shtick. Rejects is no different - if you choose to be offended by a word related to character backstory… :person_shrugging:

YOOOOOO, I forgot about that. Probably most people did. I guess that’s what we were originally going to be before they settled on rejects, like maybe we were not gonna be prisoners at all in the OG draft for the game.

We’re Acolytes when we reach Level 30, according to Rannick. Maybe Fatshark will refer to us as such when addressing all of us special little Level 30 varlets in the future, for a little bit of continuity! Still, I find no offence in Reject; my own mother has called me worse :kissing_heart:

Best post, let’s just close the thread now :clap:

Oh, you’ll make me blush!

Yeah, I guess that’s true, we are acolytes/apart of the warband when we reach 30, but I do kind of wonder if they never intended for us to be prisoners originally, that would make sense as to why we were first called acolytes.

And yeah, reject isn’t really offensive, or I don’t care they call us that anyway.

I did consider that when the “Acolyte” thing was brought to attention, it could’ve been reminiscent of the more… heroic nature of the Ubersreik 5, mayhaps.

While I agree fixing crash is a priority… I just wanted to point that all what they fixed is just not worth taking it… in my opinion
Veteran keystones are just garbage… and the perks corrected are, to say the least, not useful.
I did not know the bug that permits to earn millions… but except to get one good weapon at Brunt after burning 5 millions ordos (something that should not be needed for just getting 1 good weapon), I don’t see what you can do with lot of money…

My Ordo Dockets used to fold, now they jiggle jiggle :pleading_face:

Apparently not. It’s been acknowledged by FS at least, here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/17zpixw/hotfix_1212/ka0vd7n/

@FatsharkStrawHat apologies for the ping, but any news re: the random targeting on Surge staff, per the above link?

Edit: pinged the wrong FS person, apologies! Hope the new ping still works post-edit.

I mean, the first trailer was ‘here’s these guardsmen about to get murderified’ so I think the original intent was an Inquisitorial strike team before they switched to a proper penal legion?

More likely the mask came off and they decided to show their true colors, after we pretty much accepted an unfinished product and let them get away with it.

Like, for example, there are still no flash missions in the game, despite 2 penances existing for them. And that doesn’t even include all the broken promises.

And in that light being called Rejects takes on a quite different tone. Especially considering Acolytes is a perfectly fitting term to use.

Regardless, you can call me snowflake all you want. That doesn’t change the fact that i will not stand for being called a Reject and i will keep bringing it up, whenever i encounter it, until they change it.

I find it disrespectful to their player base, given all the baggage of this game.

I mean I get what you’re saying, truly. Lot of folks have agreed that its a little bit tonedeaf. The fact they flat out refuse to drop it is a bit weird as well. Instead they adjusted it to be “devoted” rejects, quite weird.

Then again, I came into this game expecting to be a grunt, a trooper, a number on a dataslate about to be listed KIA.

Reject, in a literary sense, is around the same tone, so I’ve never really minded. I also have thick skin and a strange sense of humour so… yeah it doesn’t phase me in the slightest.

I didn’t realize that. Still, seems like the right move would just be to remove those perks entirely.

Whatever you say, snowflake.

Flash missions penances are gone so no idea what you’re on about. Rejects are pretty on point for how handlers constantly berate you in the setting, and no one gives a squig about our callsigns except you so don’t plaster your opinionated Karenisms onto the community.

They weren’t a few weeks ago, i last checked for them at the Class Update and they were still present.

Also that doesn’t make it any better. Just removing the penance doesn’t mean they ain’t missing.

I get that; some things that make it into hotfixes are odd, to say the least. Renaming a talent seems really low on the priority list, yet here it is :joy:

That said, I wonder when/how these less-critical issues were discovered – were they reported by players, or discovered internally. If it was discovered internally, does it get fixed sooner so that it doesn’t become a player bug report? :person_shrugging:

The mask came off, and the tin foil hat went straight on. It honestly sounds like you’re trying to find something to be mad at; there’s no shortage of things to get mad at, why clutch at straws?

I think you are reading into the “rejects” things way too much. If they wanted to take a jab at the community, there’s easy ways to do that – I’m not gonna mention them, since I don’t want to open a new can of worms.

When will you guys get around to resetting the director the guy is on crack right now and is an absolute pain to deal with.

Not just now, this has been a thing since the game started.
Detractor’s gonna detract.

It’s such a bad faith argument, too. Nobody would take the obvious thematic writing style serious.
Originally they just wrote “Rejects”. It’s “Devoted Rejects” now, so the Fishtank People already caved somewhat.
Still not enough apparantly.