Hotfix #1 (1.0.12)

Rejects!

In the first 24 hours, you all have slain 405,102,858 heretics, and 798,747 rejects have been declared missing in combat! But today is a new day here on Tertium, and we are releasing a hotfix for the first 24 hours of the release of Warhammer 40,000: Darktide. This hotfix contains various crash and bug fixes. We have also included a list of known issues we are currently working on resolving.

Hotfix Notes:

• Fixed a client crash when dodging while not having any weapon equipped.
  • Fixed crash issues when view is not completely loaded.
  • Fixed a crash after opening inventory & other menu (such as premium store) simultaneously.
  • Fixed other various unspecifiable crashes.
  • Fixed join permissions that were causing broken reconnects sometimes.
  • Issue where people on 3000 series cards would see their settings as N/A is now fixed.
  • Fixed invisible weapon stats.

Known Issues:

• Ray tracing is currently disabled for AMD and Intel GPU users while investigating issues related to our support for these GPU’s. We are working closely with our hardware partners to resolve this as soon as possible. Until then, ray tracing is turned off by default to avoid any issues in playing the game.
  • Ray tracing optimization and performance. This is an area we continue to work on, and we see issues with performance.
  • We currently don’t support users on IPv6-only networks. This often means a player requires a VPN to play the game. The intention is to support IPv6 in the near future.
  • In the Weapon Detail Screen, there is a known crash when inspecting the weapon damage breakdown of most weapons (e.g. lasgun torch).
  • Sudden crash to desktop with dialogue popup - often called “GPU Hang.”
  • Switching between windowed mode and fullscreen can result in adjusted resolution and deadlock in some rare cases.
  • Working on delivering missing Twitch Drops to a select few players. We hope to have this resolved within a week.
  • Inability to merge strike teams. If you pick to merge your strike team at the end of a mission, it will currently not work and will display a version mismatch error.
  • Some users may not have some premium currency packs available on Microsoft Store.
  • Some users may be missing their Imperial Edition cosmetics, pre-order bonuses, and beta tester helmets. We are working on resolving this issue so you all receive appropriate cosmetics as expected. For more information, please visit this link.
  • We are aware the Imperial Edition Thunderhammer looks different than our promotional material. We are working on updating the Thunderhammer skin to the correct one in a future patch.
  • We are aware that 100% toughness is not functioning as expected. We are currently investigating a fix so it works as intended.
5 Likes

This is gamebreaking, how was this allowed to go live

6 Likes

It’s been fixed internally and is slated to roll out soon.

11 Likes

I really feel bad for Hedge and Aqshy seeing how the investors set the game to implode in controversy on launch. I hope things will be looking like they should in the next few months…

16 Likes

Should have listened to the community saying that the chip idea was stupid. Glad the team pigheadly carried on and messed it up completely!

4 Likes

I wonder if we will get some explanation about missing (promised) content, and why there were so many lies about it.

Because at this moment player base doesn’t know anything, as fatshark stays quiet in this matter.

2 Likes

Yea, more communication will be nice.

1 Like

What’s wrong with it?

Personally, I like the recent change. I always found melee damage negligable and would only die to ranged/specials.

However, I do think they should adjust some of Zealots passive/feats to better fit in with the new system.

2 Likes

Maybe instead of rushing out chip they should have balanced the game with chip in mind instead of shoehorning a last minute idea in that completely messes up the game?

1 Like

Soon meaning “later today”?

Likely within the next handful of days.

4 Likes

lmao

1 class is currently unplayable, but you’ll put a fix in for it in a couple of days?

1 Like

The chip damage is fine, even with the bug it feels like they need to tune up the difficulty for T5 missions at least 20%, probably with more spawns.

T4s feel more satisfying atm. Glad to see a hotfix so soon though, that’s promising. My poor veteran got the stuffing kicked out of him. The surge staff feels way better too, unsure if placebo or it benefited from the weapon scaling changes.

1 Like

Which class is unplayable?

Vet on anything harder than Malice. You get sneezed on by a pox walker and lose 40% of your health.

Irrespective of whether you like it or not the point is about proper implementation of the change. It clearly hasn’t been thought out because it’s broken and deviates from the intended original design of the game (it contradicts the tutorial).

1 Like

The first couple hits definitely chunk, but my group had no issues clearing 4s with a 22 veteran and 5s with a 30 veteran. It’s absolutely playable, but you really have to play around it. Spacing becomes much more important, ranged combat is unchanged though.

1 Like

How do you intend to run a live service when gameplay breaking bugs take days to fix? Why was such a significant change in game mechanics greenlit for launch without proper time for testing? Amateur hour.

2 Likes