Host Disconnect Every Game- PC

Hello, since about a week ago I’ve started getting Host disconnects every single game. This makes it almost impossible to complete a game with other players, so it’s extremely frustrating. Sometimes after the pop-up appears, the connection will recover and I can continue playing, but the vast majority of the time it will disconnect me and start the level over.

It doesn’t seem like my internet connection is dropping. I have two monitors and borderless windowed mode on, so when these disconnects start happening it’s easy to go over to an internet browser and open a couple pages- the websites all open instantly.

I don’t think it’s related to my internet throughput. I’m able to stream twitch at 1080p60 without any issues. During peak hours I’ve measured speeds of 460 Mbps download and 42 Mbps upload.

From what I can tell, it’s not related to distance or ping either. I’ve tried only joining short distance lobbies, and it will still happen. I’ve been connected to hosts with pings as low as 20 and as high as 150, but that doesn’t seem to impact the frequency of the disconnects.

I’ve also ran some tests to see if I’m getting packet loss- 0% when running this command in cmd: ping -n 200 8.8.8.8

If I host, one or more players will disconnect or say that they are encountering lag during the game.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose this issue?

Also, to cover all my bases:
This happens on 1.2(with or without mods) and the 1.2.1 beta.
I’m on DX11.
In network options- I tried small network packet on and off, and max upload speed is set to 2Mbits/s.
I’ve had steam verify the integrity of the game files, as well as uninstall and redownload/reinstall.
Windows Firewall has Vermintide excluded.
I tried turning off windows firewall completely.
No Antivirus to worry about other than windows defender.
I’ve tried repairing my .NET and C++ Redist installations.
I’m on a fully wired Ethernet connection. The connection is PC->Switch->Router->Modem
I didn’t change out any internet related hardware recently.
Router is on the latest firmware.

This is a bit of an awkward one to debug unfortunately. Ideally, we’d need to see console logs from both you and the host you’re connected to. Do you have any buddies who would be willing to host for you and send their console log from that particular session? We’d need to see your console log from the same session too.

For reference, your console logs can be located here, and the dates within the log names can be used for identification:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select 'OK'
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs

If you don’t have anybody who would be able to help out, I’m sure one of us can.

Thanks! I’ll play with one of my friends and upload both of our console logs.

Welp, despite all the diagnostics I ran showing the contrary, this ended up being a router issue- replacing it fixed the problem. Consider this one closed.

Wonderful, I appreciate the update. Best of luck in Vermintide 2!