Disconnecting Constantly Since Patch

Issue Description:
I am getting disconnected very frequently since the patched dropped. In game players and enemies freeze, and I get the flashing “lost contact with host, trying to reconnect” or something along those lines. This very rarely happened to me before, now its close to every game.

I don’t know if it’s something on my end or not, is there any way to determine that? The game isn’t crashing, are network issues something that get thrown into a log? A few times I was given the option to migrate to a different player as host and met them back in the lobby, so I assume that means that everyone in those matches was DC’d.

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

October 19, 2023 - Throughout the day.

Reproduction Rate:

Around 80% of the matches I’ve played today.

Sorry to hear this @KnotForSail

Off the bat, I recommend ensuring your Steam Download Region is set to a nearby location:

1. Open the Steam client
  2. Select ‘Steam’ in the upper left-hand corner
  3. Select ‘Settings’
  4. Select ‘Downloads’ within the sidebar
  5. Set your ‘Download Region’ to an appropriate nearby location and save the changes

Also, please try enabling ‘Smart Network Packets’. You can enable this within Vermintide 2’s ‘Network’ panel. Please be aware this option cannot be used in combination with the Player List Plus mod.

Please let me know if there is any improvement.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help! I saw a note in the most recent hotfix that addressed some host crash issues. I’ve played a few matches today (not as host) and had no issues, so I’m thinking that was it.

Support team here is awesome, stay groovy!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.