Hit detection is still awful

Ever since I started using the thunderhammer it has became obvious that the hit detection in this game is bordering on being broken. enemies that are targeting another player or running away will be unharmed when hit. It can take up to 3 repeated hits just to do damage to the chaos spawn.
On top of that pox hounds are still ignoring pushes about half of the time.
This is a serious issue and it has gotten worst with the crazy spawn numbers in malstorm.

7 Likes

Hit reg is really quite heinous. My top 2 items are:

1. New classes
  2. Client side hit detection instead of serverside and/or just fix it however the lead architect wants as long as its fixed
4 Likes

The game produces sounds and visuals as if hitting the enemy, but the actual damage is not dealt. Very easy to notice and replicate if chasing a Trapper that’s running away and trying to hit it in the back with the Knife as a Zealot.

3 Likes

i would bump hit reg and overal netcode fixes at first priority. this is really game breaking for lots of folks.

it makes using low fire rate, high dmg guns very frustrating

4 Likes

Server issues need to be worked out. Funny thing is that the new auric missions really highlight how bad the issue is given how 100% no-fail the stakes are on those. I’m slowly becoming convinced that the ai director has a lag switch feature just to f with us and up the difficulty, lmao.

4 Likes

So, the issue is not bad servers or the fact that the game users servers instead of P2P. The problem is that the game doesn’t use client side server-authenticated hit detection, which has been the standard for all shooters for the past decade+. This would be the equivalent of a fighting game not using rollback netcode; the experience will be bad.

The Vermintide games had hit detection that was every bit as terrible as Darktide’s despite being peer to peer, they just weren’t as focused on shooting so it wasn’t as blatantly obvious except when the connection was extraordinarily bad. All things being equal, P2P is considered vastly inferior to dedicated servers when it comes to shooters.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.