Hey, FatShark. I'm using the reroll-until-rarity mod and gave up on getting the perk I wanted after four thousand tries

Just so you know your grutting RNG crafting is bad. It’s bad and you should feel bad about it. I believe it was your plan to make us spend time in that grutting time sink and you only feel bad about being called out on it, though. Change it ASAP.

5 Likes

what perk was it, and what rating was the item? just wondering.

Hold up a moment.
What were you rolling for and on what item did you do it?

The reroll-until-rarity mod allows you (or rather doesn’t have a way of restricting yet) to roll on any trait on any item, even such a combination isn’t possible or doesn’t exist.
This means it will eternally keep rerolling until you stop.

For instance, you cannot have the Critical Hit chance twice on the same item, so if you set it up to search for it while you already have one instance, it will never find it.
Also, some things are level gated. For instance a very low tier item cannot have Tier 4 perks rolled on it.

30% toughness regeneration speed, trinket’s rating is 148.

30% toughness regeneration speed on an orange trinket. Good call but no, it’s just the RNG’s fault.

I noticed that some of the entries for what perk you want does not work, like the crit chance one will not actually stop rolling when it hits the 5% crit chance i wanted.

Im not defending this RNG fest, but 4k rolls seems excessive even for Darktide, try just setting it up so it will stop on any tier 4 blessings and keep rerolling for a bit and see if you cant get what you want.

I did roll the perk I wanted eventually, so I’m willing to believe that the mod works fine and it is the RNG that sucks dongliz.

Wait, there is an option to stop at any T4 perk? I was thinking of how good that’d be. Will check mod’s settings. Thanks.

yup its in there, great feature, i hope gets added to the base game,… or just give us a Dropdown.

Lmao my mod did 2x 700 and i thought it’s bugged and i won’t get it but eventually got it. Imagine some people trying to get desired perks manually tho

I haven’t looked under the hood of the Darktide mods or the Darktide backend, but I would imagine its just a bunch of AWS hosted APIs which you interact with when using the shop / crafting station. So the irony is that all us spamming these endpoints in often futile attempts to get a properity we actually WANT is just costing Fatshark more and could lead to Denial of Service.

I’m not a mod user but if I counted how often I rerolled my curios, I’d probably easily hit a hundred rerolls on some of them. It usually doesn’t take me more than that to get what I want, though.

If you’re rolling four thousand times for something, it sounds like the mod isn’t working as intended (and probably rolled over the perk you wanted a hundred times at least).

call me crazy but i roll manually, i never had to spend more than 10mins, usually i get roll i want in about 30 attempts. i must be lucky to compensate for your lack of luck. (i only roll on 370+ weapons, maybe it something to do with odds)

would be great to chose from dropdown, or just get rng with top tiers for high end rated items (350+)

My suggestion for perk rerolling is to make it so you spend resources to upgrade the tier of the slot and pay a small fee for whenever you want to change it afterward.

Right now it costs something like 350 plasteel and 100 diamantine before rerolls become free. Maybe that’s how much it costs to upgrade a perk slot from tier 1 to tier 4, and then like re-blessing, it costs something like 4000 ordos and 100 plasteel every time you want to swap out the perk. The latter won’t really matter if you already had a perk in mind, but it would future-proof the system once they (with all possible hope in my being) allow us to break the locks.

It took me almost 4 hours to get 5 curios with 30% toughness regen. Gud luck dude

In my opinion you’re crazy.

2 Likes

What’s weird to me is that they made the perk rerolling UI worse between the introduction of Refining and the addition of the blessing functions. Double the clicks = double the metrics.

2 Likes

thank you

Break the locks. Make perks choosable from a list.

End. This. F@#$ing. Madness.

3 Likes