This is one of three threads I made in the Steam Forums but remained ignored as people prefer flaming each other instead of discussing feedback. I hope it is better here:
This is not about the missing reward after doing them. If I read correctly this has been fixed anyway. Currently if you are completing a Heroic Deed you are getting an additional random chest. For those of you (not me) who have reached item power Level 300 already this may seem kind of anticlimatic.
Personally, I think the Heroic Deed System is still in ist early stage and maybe there is already some stuff planned down the line. However, I just wanted to know what the community thinks would be preferable rewards for Heroic Deeds besides having fun and challenge. Examples for this could be:
- Nothing at all: Fun and challenge are enough already
- Normal chests like it currently is: After all one more chest is one more chest
- Cosmetic chests: Will grant two cosmetic items for the character opening it
- Trinket chest: Will grant you three trinkets where one trait is pre-defined and maxed
- Charm chest: …
- Red chest: Will grant a red item for the character opening it
- Heroic Deed chest: Will grant more Heroic Deeds like a snowball System, and there will ONLY be Heroic Deed chests
- Map Piece chests: These will grant you a specific piece of a map. If you collect all pieces you will unlock a new map. The Heroic Deed will not be deleted upon completion, however, you always get the same map piece from the chest, so it will only stay in the inventory so you can help others getting the piece, can be deleted by hand although. Maps could be special missions maybe with some kind of twist like being single player only but therefore shorter, being designed for five players, telling background story like Bardin finding the hold, etc…
While I personally really like the last idea it would mean a lot of work for the developers as they would have to provide new maps. Additionally, some people are heavily triggered if they are bothered to play the game to unlock additional content (like who thought it was a good idea to play the 12 other missions first before being able to do the last one). However, I understand that hiding Content behind range would be very annoying therefore the mechanic of non-consumed deeds so people can help out each other. Any other ideas?
This text will be hidden