Hero skins

I’m colorblind and as such can see little to no difference between the different hero skins. Are there any plans of adding something besides recoloring ?

10 Likes

I’m not colourblind, but I’ve been waiting for FS to release actual skins since VT1.
The only real alternate skin is the VT1 skin you get if you own VT1, but you can’t change the headgear on them.

9 Likes

I really hope so. Fashiontide is suffering. :worried:

10 Likes

As long as they’re making some $$$ I’m sure more cosmetics are on there way, though they still only have one speed but at least news updates are more frequent.

You are correct. There is no difference in the hero skins. They are only recolors of the base hero skin.

This most definitely needs to change… I refuse to buy any from the shop until they introduce DIFFERENT hero skins.

2 Likes

I agree. Weapon Illusions are great, portrait frames are awesome, keep décor is a great idea, hero skins are…boring. ESPECIALLY for Saltspyre. We need more skins resembling that grim and awesome artwork we all see and love in the Warhammer Universe.

2 Likes

and the worst part is that headpieces don’t follow the color pattern, which is sad IMO. Kerillian’s hood is the most notable example of this, and I have yet to see a red or black hood.

3 Likes

the base head piece that each career starts with does change colors based on your armor but doesn’t work with the other hats at all. it also does not work with the champion of ubersriek outfits and i’m unsure if it works with the new recolors in the shop as I have not bought any of those pieces.

so devs know how to do this but for some weird reason didn’t put it in for all hats to work and only the base (basic starter) hats.

I wonder if FS ever add Sienna’s Wyrmscales skin from V1.
On the other hand there is no quite sense in adding smth that 99 % of game you wont see unless you run with bots. You regularly see your character’s hands, weaponry and frame, so they should expand cosmetics at this area (as it is in every FPS game). Also they can add some additional animation or variation of little one for Pyromancer (for example). Also I think I told it before somewhere: it would be cool to have 3d person view option at least at Taal’s Horn.

Glove skins, when

Yeah, it might sound ridiculous to turn Vermintide into CS: GO but at least it can be done much faster rather than whole skin. Game turned 2 years recently and we pretty much have only 1 skin per career apart V1 skins.

2 Likes

New skins (read: outfits, so we can change headgear too) is possibly the single most requested addition for Vermintide 1 and 2.

2 Likes

It’s funny though, because whenever someone asks about it in the Steam forum you always get the “That’s gonna cost us map content” comments, as if FatShark is so barebones that they don’t have enough people to fill those roles.

1 Like

It doesn’t though. Kerillian is wearing red or black&gold and still that green hood.

1 Like

[Cries in Kruber’s 1h maces]

I really need new shape of armours, robes and clothes.

1 Like

Aye my boy Kruber needs a new fine robe. :grin:

Of things I want most for the game, new outfits is at the top of the list right now.
Just one new outfit with some recolors for each career would add so much.

The problem with only adding hats is that we can only ever equip one of them at a time.
We have two slots for cosmetics, limiting one of them to only recolors of the default skin really hurts the customization imo.

3 Likes