Guide for movement (in-depth)

7 Likes

Maybe this is not really within the scope of the guide because it really isnā€™t useful for moving around, but could you include crouch dodge jumping somewhere in there?

If you dodge jump out of a crouch you retain your crouch state and that lets you get stuck on little ledges in the environment. Here is one practical use I found. Thanks for the in-depth write-up, thereā€™s a lot of cool info.

3 Likes

That jump is awesome. Gonna include it since it is a movement type : D

2 Likes

Didnā€™t read it fully yet but i noticed you mentioned something.

ā€œWith the jump you will also be able to regenerate your dodge count.ā€

Isnā€™t jumping just used for the scenarios you explained above that sentence. Your dodge also regenarates when not jumping, it also doesnā€™t regenerate faster by jumping i believe. You probably just miss typed it and probably know it, just thought it pointed it out in case you did. or maybe iā€™m just very wrong.

1 Like

Jumping does reset the dodge count, iā€™d say ā€˜regenerateā€™ is just not a good description for it.
It is very useful in situations were you just have to survive while moving around.
Showcase:

Itā€™s very old, from V1, but still applicable.

1 Like

From my understanding jumping just takes the same time as it takes for dodge to reset, so you are faster, can turn around etc, but itā€™s not jumping that resets the dodge cooldown.
This doesnā€™t rlly answer my question, unless its talked about in the video, but iā€™d rather someoneā€™s tell me as i cannot watch vid right now.

2 Likes

Well yes, jumping is used like he described, you can combine it with dodges to circumvent the end-dodge slowdown while still being in movement, are able to block more effectively as well as regenerate the dodge count while doing it.
You could describe it as an evolution to just dodging and running around.

But thatā€™s not my question, i know all that.

He said in his guide: ā€œWith the jump you will also be able to regenerate your dodge count.ā€

And i donā€™t think thatā€™s true, as jumping doesnt regenerate ur dodge. like itā€™s not required to jump to regenerate it, you could also wait the same time as a jump last. So is the " " part true or is what iā€™m saying correct?

Itā€™s just the way he worded it which makes it sound like you ā€œneedā€ to jump to reset it? is that true?

Also iā€™m feeling like iā€™m not being understood :ā€™(.

Dunno, that ā€œalsoā€ kinda hints that itā€™s not the only way. Also I just think he meant ā€œjumping resets your dodge countā€ which it does.

2 Likes

Jumping doesnā€™t reset the dodge count. I phrased it wrong. Dodge count has a reset time of 0.5s so I cut it there too much. Thx.

2 Likes

In order for you to reset / regenerate your effective dodge count, you have to get out of dodge state. You can do that by standing still / walking / jumping. All 3 take the same amount of time, but jumping keeps you more mobile and provides additional benefits and/or possibilities (listed in the guide).
You donā€™t ā€œneedā€ the jump, itā€™s just the best option to use ā€œwhile you waitā€.

4 Likes

Ok thanks, thats what i thought.