Grailknight lvl 30 ult change on 35% move speed

anyway we can change the last lvl 30 talent for grailknight the one that gives 35% movement speed only. to have it something like kerrilain the elf got when she uses a ult she gets some power, attack speed, movement etc…

i think grailkinght should 100% have something like that for sure instead of the elf, it makes way more since instead of just a boring 35% speed.

this way grailknight can choose double stab vs bosss, cleave vs multiple armored units or basic weapon damage for all things, with the new ult change.

if not that at least give the grailknight 10% movement speed passive buff with that lvl 30 ult pick and changed it to 25% upon ult activation, so it will still = 35%.

But he already has 10% ms passive? With your suggestion he’d then have 20% ms passive with the Ult choice which is a pretty insane base move speed.

1 Like

As Alsozara said. Grail Knight already has a passive with 10 % Movement Speed. Combined with the properties and this talent, he can reach 50 % speed increase for 15 seconds each 40 seconds. And if you take cooldown reduction it is each 36 seconds so nearly half of them. With 50 % movement speed you can outrun nearly everything which is a pretty strong trait. If you want survivability then take that talent.

Could probably nerf the speed somewhat and give little bit other stats for compensation but outright buffing movement speed is probably a bad idea.

The best rework here would likely be increased critical hit chance so as to synergise with his Lv 10 Crit Perk.

1 Like

Is there much of a point in doing that? If memory serves his normal ability swing is a single target hit that already kills chaos warriors. Boosting that damage is just overalapping more with the double stab talent.

On Legend yes but on cataclysm it would have some real value. You Ult a Chaos Warrior/ high health elite then ypou have increased critical hit chance based on weapon and attack your using so as to not make the X Sword too OP. Then unload on a bunch of elites with at least a 50% chance to crit no matter what weapon your using. More if you add crit properties. Over a coins flip chance of one shotting Chaos Warriors or Maulers or Bestigors or Berzerkers with each strike. As it is the middle talent is utterly worthless compared to the other 2.

Truth is Grail Knight is already OP on Legend so this would never have to take that balance into account.

The way I would set it up is:

Virtue of Discipline: Performing a timed block increases power & crit chance by 10% for 10 seconds.

Virtue of Impetuous Knight: Upon killing with your ult increase move speed by 20% and Crit chance by 20% for 15 seconds (could tweak the durations individually based on how powerful it ends up being.) Also would have a scaling increase to crit chance based on weapon attack neing used, so that Exe Swords Heavy attacks experienced a lower boost in crit chance than other weapons attacks. To keep it a bit more balanced.

The way GK has no attack speed or crit chance buffs in his talents seems like a very intentional design choice. I doubt they will change their minds about that. Nor would I really want them to, since it makes him fairly unique.

1 Like

Wether its an intentional design choice or a GOOD design choice are 2 very different things. Lots of things end up being intentional by the designers only to be overhauled later due to community opinion. That is the worst argument I have ever heard for a game mechanic being how it is. Would you please explain logically why the Horizontal and Speed Boost ults are so significantly weaker than audacity?

I feel like you’re conflating 2 different points here. The strength of those specific talents vs whether or not GK should have attack speed/crit chance boosts in his kit.

I agree with @BongoSkaggs that it’s probably a good thing overall that he has neither attack speed (besides quests) nor crit chance boosts. Those talents could be improved without going that route.

1 Like

Just making it on hit(so hitting bosses/monsters can still proc it) and give 10% attackspeed would help a lot.

Basically, a smaller speed pot on ult hit.

Oh i thought you meant boosting the critchance on the ability cast itself, not as in using it to activate a buff. However as for the complete picture you paint here…isnt this just a WHC re-skin?

50% chance to kill pretty much anything smaller than a CW in any hit, sounds an awful lot like unending hunt WHC minus that GK doesnt get a teamwide buff but can bodyshot instead.

Here’s my take on Impetuous Knight. Movespeed is honestly underrated, as is it can already be a pretty valuable kiting tool, but the talent is held back by its awkward condition of having to spend your ult to kill something first to get it. I would flip the condition somewhat. Make it give +20% movespeed while readying the ult (ie holding F) with an extra small burst of speed upon releasing it. This could make it a very valuable burst movement tool for quickly closing distance on targets that can otherwise be quite threatening to GK eg fire rats, and could be used more naturally while kiting, having on demand movespeed at the cost of leaving yourself more open while holding ult.

If that’s still not enough to make people want to pick it it could get another small additional bonus like a small amount of extra damage or cool down. Honestly though I don’t think that would be necessary, it would already have a clearly defined role and give something unique and valuable over the other options. Honestly might be too abuseable if anything so move speed might need to be tuned down further or only proc on release of ult to avoid a situation where GK can just outrun all the enemies by holding f.

Is this even possible? I still have minor PTSD from playing Handmaiden about seeing a mauler start a charging swing after me and then do a 180 mid-swing following my dash.

For edification purposes, let me just say that Blessed Blade is already a guaranteed critical hit.

+20% move speed on demand is pretty abusable, especially on GK. Doubly so if they get to use said move speed and keep their ult, since it can just be canceled. Of course, they would have to give up Audacity for that privilege; so it would still probably be fine overall outside of niche circumstances. The tournament folk might have something to say about that, but they already make their own balance.

Edit:

Unfortunately we can’t do markdown tables on this forum. So instead I’ll just link Novality’s movetech sheet which conveniently has that info. Check the “enemy run speed” tab.

1 Like

Most assuredly. Definitely have recollections of doing so with speed pots or spamming dash ult with purple pots. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if move speed Zealot can do so with move tech. No idea what the actual move speed breakpoints are to do this effectively.

Less of an issue these days since boss walls exist, but still not something you really want players to be able to achieve consistently for the most part.

Yeah that’s along the lines of what I thought. Could be limited in creative ways to keep it as a burst movement option, like 5 second duration upon readying ult with a 5 second forced cool down even if you block cancel the ult. The core idea is more burst rather than sustained mobility, since GK could get good value out of that and it’s functionality very distinct from what the other ult talents offer.

1 Like

Meh. It seems unlikely to be something that would be widely abused in casual play. Even 30% move speed GK is going to find it tough to solo legend faster than BW after all. So I say let people have fun with it instead of preemptively clamping down on it with restrictions.

If Fatshark disagrees with that notion, then changing the talent from a movement speed buff to a straight up dash attack would honestly be preferable imo.

1 Like

Yeah a dashing lunge/stab would be kinda ideal though could be awkward when you do actually want to hit an enemy immediately in front of you without yeeting yourself.