Grail Knight's monster CDR duty should guarantee a monster spawn

If one of Grail Knight’s duties is to slay a monster, then you would expect to find a monster within the map. But there’s a chance you don’t get a monster despite that. And it feels bad when that happens, like one of grail knight’s duties just went to waste as you didn’t the chance to even make use of it.

So I propose: If one of Grail Knight’s duties is to slay a monster, then that should signify that a monster will spawn at some point in the map and not when you’re at very the end of one.

Like what this screenshot shows, us being at the end of Dark Omens with the Slay Monsters duty still being unfulfilled.

2 Likes

Any passives that get potentially wasted should have a look. Going rounds with no bombs period as engineer or even ranger veteran despite scouring every drop point grinds me too, would engineer even be that great if he spawned with a bomb.

1 Like

I can see the problem, but I dislike the idea of a career ability having a meta-effect like that.

1 Like

I agree with Therilith. The duty should not auto-grant a monster spawn. While it can be disappointing I don’t see the issue of a duty not being fulfillable.

If there is a change needed I would rather add a second trigger: Kill a monster OR start the final event. So you always have it guaranteed at least for the final section of the map with potentially having it earlier. Other triggers can be discussed too.

2 Likes