[Grail Knight] Perk(s) and Talents revisited

I don’t think Gk needs more passives, he’s got his quests for that - one of which is 5% attack speed.
If anything, the quests should be changed so that you’re able to pick the ones you actually want to get during the mission, removing the rng and allowing players to build more around these quests.

I would like to see the passive +10% movespeed removed and replaced with a flat 10% damage reduction, same value that the Fk secondary passive has.
Gk does not need the dr but I find it more fitting than the heavy frontliner speedrunning around like that. His low mobility should be a defining trait after all and a bit of dr would be a good alternative.

He could do with buffs to some talents.
Personally, I would change the movespeed ult talent to give +15% attack speed for 10 secs as to give him some attack speed on an active talent. Would make that talent row more of a choice.

Virtue of Discipline could be changed to give +25% crit chance (instead of 20% power) for the next attack, similar to the Huntsman headshot talent.
Guaranteed crits would be too strong imo.
Could make it so that pushing instead of parrying only gives +10% crit? Dunno.
That would give him more reason to use the crit talent at lvl 10 (also, fixing the lvl 10 crit talent not giving tmp on kill would go a long way).

Reworking stoicism to +50% healing received for 5 secs or so after taking a hit sounds great too.

Level10 - Virtue of Heroism should give power instead of only dmg as discussed here: Some buff & talent fix - underperforming/misleading
Might be worth reducing the duration of Virtue of the Ideal from 10 secs down to 5,6,7? secs to make the others more competitive?
Would not really matter during hordes but help increase the difference between the consistency of Heroism and the greater power of Ideal.
“Free” 30% power is hard to give up regardless of the other options imo. After all, that’s the entire passive of Slayer or Zealot rolled into a simple talent.

2 Likes