Give us real steel

i fully understand battle damages are fit to lore, but since weapons are their only tools to survive why dont they maintenance? very dark-odd looking marks everywhere. although its end-time they can clean it right? more like a rough piece of steels. how about transfer it like blood effect. and please more polishes.

3 Likes

So, in Guild Wars 2 they added a system where you received damage to your equipment every time you died. At first I think they charged in game gold for fixing it. Eventually, they got rid of the cost to repair and it became free to repair. I always thought it was just kind of unnecessary and a little annoying. I wouldn’t mind if weapons got worn and showed damage over time, but I would prefer not to have to repair the equipment or risk having it destroyed. That’s just my preference though.

1 Like

just some visual effect overtime.

1 Like

I’d be fine with that.

I happen to think that seasoned veteran warriors with access to a forge would make sure the very thing keeping them alive was in pristine condition. Kruber’s swords look like he found them in the bottom of a latrine pit.

3 Likes

Given the amount of flesh, bones and armor these weapons cleaved into as well as all the blows they parried it’s a wonder that they look that good not the other way around.

But I didn’t mind the shiny V1, who doesn’t like …

2 Likes

you know, sharpening, lubricate and cleaning are not just for making it looks better but also in terms of usage.

sounds like our good ol’ mighty heroes had no time for a break but fighting till the end-time.
my suggestion is not only contained gameplay visual-wise but also historical wise.
if you dont care thine blades, edges will become blunt and even harder to pull of when it stuck to bones and fleshes. slashing fleshes are quite a hard job even with the finest sword in this very earth.

1 Like

No matter how well-maintained a weapon is, it will suffer in combat, and will need replacing at times. And the U5’s weapons see a lot of combat. In fact, one part of that maintain is taking off more material from the blades to maintain a sharp edge, and getting rid of large nicks requires taking off a lot of material…

This isn’t exactly a new wish or complaint, though. While I personally like the “used” look more, I also think getting at least a few more pristine Illusions could be quite nice. It’s not taking anything off me, after all.

4 Likes

filthiness from blood all over and not even clean is quite a foolish dont you think so?
even all these battle damage can be repaired by adding new material.
youve 2 choices, bring heavily damaged one just for cosplay - pretend to being the white warfare.
or the well-polished blades. especially, since our uberstrike 5 are one man army who chops the thousands of ratmen and norsemen all alone with a single blade.

just found a perfect picture to show off.

Well you never seen a workers tools in your life since you think they are all polished and shiny.
Instead of maintained to the practical level.
Do you think armors of knights can be maintained it their shiny state as well when they get beaten constantly?

2 Likes

Note that modern polishing methods aren’t at large in the empire and making a weapon shiny will be a lot of work.

1 Like

so you dont care about weapons just because eventually theyll become blunt and filthy again?
you just need a sharpening stone to polishes.

1 Like

armours can be shiny, but not sayin’ it must be. armour will be just fine but better not filthy.
for weapons however, polish is indeed - id say must.

They aren’t blunt but ridged and used they didn’t waste time on shiny ascetics.

But I agree that some shiny illusions would be a nice thing.

I just wanted to show you that there is no argument of reason there. So don’t to that just state that you would like shiny weapons and we can all agree on it.

1 Like

thought this game is very indeed lore based game.
unless theres a lore that explain battle damage / filthiness of weapons wont be any problem at all.
some people might think being old looks cool - idk why, but if you desire to. please let me know you.
but for me, ill equiped the finest and bling set of armoury if possible.

1 Like

Well lore wise there are special metals that can take a lot more abuse.
Especially Gromril weapons would make a lot of sense for these illusions at least for the dwarf I’m not sure if the dwarf sell imperial styled weapons (or maybe Okri is also a smith) and the elves surely have their own stuff.

1 Like

but our heroes dont use em as far as i know - except for ironbreaker.
perhaps it could be but even so better cleaned. i dont think uberstrike 5 are cosplay addict who dies for dirty smells and looking.

1 Like

Na dwarfs don’t trade gromril and Okri would need to be a strange kind of rune smith to make this work.

But we wouldn’t really need such a complex explanation to add shiny weapon illusions they could just be new ones.

1 Like

Aren’t the legendary weapons really old? They’re most likely magical. Some have lore stories under their stats. Just think of them like valyrian steel from game of thrones. They never need to be sharpened or polished. They always hold their edge.

1 Like