(Oh boy, this is gonna be a big one. I posted this originally on the last page of the closed beta application, but wanted to add more here. Also wanted to hear from you guys!)
Fatshark. Thank you for the improvements and your hard work and the upcoming, highly anticipated expansion. I wanted to say all that before I started yelling.
Coziness isn’t always a necessity, but it’d be appreciated especially when my friends and I spend 3/4 of our time waiting in the Keep.
Or in other words… give us more than just an hourglass to tip.
Add more interactivity to the Keep:
- Bring pub brawl back (duh, and give Lohner a new bar for the heroes to drink at!)
- Endless potions and bombs (can’t really test things out if there’s only one of everything)
- The Infernal Water Wheel (LET US RUN ON IT FOR SIGMAR’S SAKE)
- Why are there so many skulls
- More of a personal preference, but maaaaaybe some lines for the heroes’ quarters (I really just want to hear Saltzpyre yell ‘GET OUT OF MY ROOM!’)
- Lemme cut the grass next to Barden’s room
- I wanna break the jars and other glass thingies from within the Keep instead of them giving a wood impact effect
- Why are the skulls human
- Give us a big ol map we can select levels from and not the same piece of parchment also found on Lohner’s table that doesn’t even encompass anything at all (the dlc selection screen is fancy, I suppose, but everything else is boring)
- Give us a third person camera in the Keep so we can look at our fashionable butts and check out how our glams work with animation
- Why isn’t anyone talking about the skulls
- I demand a REAL chandelier that we can hit and even have little Bardin JUMP on. I’m already imagining the balancing acts during pub brawls.
- But seriously, I love me some Jesper Kyd goodness (and maybe bardin’s songbook?)
- (this is stretching it) but a chalk board that everyone could draw on… and stuff…
- Let the doors respawn (really the current only highlight of returning to the Keep)
- I don’t even know what a rat skull looks like, I mean come on
- Okay, here’s a big one that only an idiot like myself could think of and relates to the chalkboard idea; a lot of walls are barren. What if players (and you can choose who) could leave a little message on specific bricks. Like the charity stickers with names on them that you see at fast food joints (or messages in dark souls). I have met some really memorable people while playing (I know I could just add them) but what better way to commemorate some random bloke than allowing them to write phallic phrases on your house walls? There doesn’t have to be text that you could literally read on the 3d model, maybe just the same visual but if you interacted with it, you would get a small screen that said something like ‘thanks for the tank!’ or ‘bardinarmhairxxx was here.’
- (LordRhinark) More variations of practice dummies; suggested a Chaos warrior beefy subtype and smaller, more frail dummies as well as an unlimited stash of all dummies
- (Winthiefow) I completely forgot about the possibility of seeing characters not being played appear in their respective rooms (as NPCs). These are some of my most favorite characters in any video game or narrative, I wanna annoy them endlessly in their habitats.
Maybe in the future:
- The Keep could become an INN for wanderers also trying to help prevent the world from ending. Seems weird we hardly hear about the endeavors of others (except that the funking Bretonnia knights are fighting amongst themselves for the fifteenth funking time). They could pop in and fill some of those locked rooms and provide maybe hints for tomes and grims (or we can all just look them up like we already do, funk it)
- The Keep’s location could be compromised and in a last minute decision, Olesya could warp the entire place somewhere else (instead of the side of a mountain, maybe an island or somewhere underground; probably more of a vermintide 3 thing wink wink awww wait imagine if it just happened in the background while you were lobbying, like a little rat pokes his head over a cliff and Olesya and Lohner start to freak out and the place starts to shake, it’d be like an amusement park ride)
NOTE: I know nothing of warhammer lore or how spells work so this is me just thinking things that sound cool
(other side note: I love the idea of the banners filling the top of the keep, can’t wait to see more dlc released and the entire place covered in cloth)
(o.o.s.n: I’ll be adding more depending on user suggestion, I have tons more I could add, but it seems I’ve already flooded it. I get excited yo)
(o.o.o.s.n: I had no idea profanity was not allowed for the forums for an M rated game (explains all the funky changes). Whoopsies)
Gosh I want to be part of the discussion so bad, but I’m still awaiting approval for all my posts, I’m guessing its because I’m new huh