They probably saved you a lot of time and wasted effort and went on to wipe profusely. A good chunk of people who get pissy about character level fundamentally don’t understand how the game works. Level 1 is more than enough for champion. In legend, <20 might make some ppl nervous but it’s still fine if player is good. 20+, there’s really nothing to worry about.
I would have the same opinion if I didn’t play with pubbers.
I had an elf get downed during the finale of righteous stand and then jump to his death with a grim at the gate of shadows. Bloody knife ears.
The problem is some classes promote certain kinds of behaviour. The Elf often encourages players to be reckless and solo-yolo because the elf can often get away with things. When it goes wrong it is more often observed(by me) that elf players ragequit as host, do stupid stuff, teamkill and generally be idiots. Elves haven’t got a bad reputation out of thin air, it is repeated bad experiences that have caused the bad reputation.
Slayer-players often display the same foolish tendency to charge around like some kind of toddler on smack and get downed damn quickly or swig every potion in sight whether they need it or not. These kind of slayers are often the first to start spouting rubbish when people take time to res them.
I have deliberately not levelled my elf, and avoid playing panic-button-pyro purely because I don’t want to get labelled as one of those dumb people we’re all discussing. Hopefully next big patch will remove some of the mechanics that make people think they can be selfish, babyish incompetent fools.
I am guessing psychology also has something to do with it. People whom are attracted to the elf tend to like the “rogue” type characters. Rogues in general (as far as gaming personalities) tend to be selfish. So I think many of those types of selfish people tend to be drawn to the rogue. And selfish personalities tend to be less concerned regarding their team mates or where they are on the map.
So guys this is just a theory - pleasedonthurtme
I just like that she’s shooty. And stabby.
But aint that Kruber and Victor, too ? :o … and Slayer bardin … i mean … he combines shooty and stabby in an ascended from of jumping in and die. :x x)
The only reason i dont like Kerillian would be possibly that she acts like a c*nt xD - and talks to much.
I enjoy her particular variety of Shooty McStabbiness, particularly WS’. Kruber is Sir Beardsley von Smasherson-Hardshooty III, Saltz is Slashslashy McStraightshot, and Bardin is Lord Crusherton MacChopblast of Kent.
(Sienna is Lady Blockturtle Burnferno)
I like the subtle differences between them all but currently prefer Sienna and Kerilian. Non-los attacks make me randy.
-
We need to make these names a thing for our Bots.
-
Yea fair enough, i guess
I prefer Huntsman for the shooty party, the only thing that annoys me on him is the Ammo reg only on Headshot, this gets pretty annoying when your mates start ping-pong the enemies around, while Kerillian could stand around and press F a few times to get full ammo again 
I’m gonna start playing him soon. Go scrounger as well I take it?
Yea, Scrounger, Taals Blessing gives you “good” (as good as it gets) ammo build, if you can land the shots ^^
And then the elf shoot the guy you were aiming at and you end up down ammo.
People need to let Huntsman pick off those lone clan rats standing around to regain ammo.
Sure… or you could also learn to aim.
I am so far from being the best player, but I have only run out of ammo once as Kruber after I got myself Scrounger. I don’t get people complains at all.
If roaming enemies get stolen from you, this means, that you can just let your team deal with those and preserve your ammo. And even if you run out of it somehow, you can always regain ammunition on waves thanks to Scrounger, Call Out Weakness, crazy piercing of your bow and the fact, that you can regain ammo through headshots and the trait at the same time.
You realize aim is irrelevant if the target is dead before your arrow gets there. Or if they get staggered and jerk around and their head literally isn’t where it was.
Yes, there are other options, but it’s not like Kerrilian gets anything from randomly sniping a clan rat while jumping around in front of you as you shoot her in the back.
This whole post isn’t aimed at you personally but besides their blunt ‘‘aim’’ remark their point was still quite spot-on, if you see your allies are faring fine switch priorities or deal with stragglers that leak through a choke-point. Target priorities > Aim in this case, your goal is to finish the mission not to fill your ammo pool.
I feel like people worry too much about kill-counts, talents, who kills this who kills that, if you’re going to be as coordinated as to say you feel people need to let class A pick off mob A because of reason X then I think you’re automatically better off adding a few people you enjoy playing with and pre-making with those people.
I get your point as well however, I’ve been there, trying to regain ammo by firing into something only to have character whoever walk in front of me or pick off the targets. But I figure being crude or rude about it wasn’t going to get either of us any further into the level and if anything might even create tension. Not to say you are being like that, of course.
If anything you can get a mic, and kindly ask ‘‘Let me kill for some ammo please, we might need it later.’’ and preferably not right before you try and kill something so that people have a chance to anticipate what you’re doing.
Point-in-case is that it’s hard to keep track of all the different builds and wishes players have, and it shouldn’t be a game of ‘‘Well all three of you are gonna have to deal with me wanting this and that if you want to play comfortably with me.’’ See these players not as people that have to conform to your wishes but as a random element you play around and have some limited control over if you choose to communicate in this co-op game. I see way often that people throw a tantrum in or out-of-game because stole their kill or their pacifier etc :c.
What I’d rather see is waystalker elves healing themselves less often with healthkits, when other people need the healing or are on their last life, clear your dread by healing someone else and use that passive-healing to heal to 50% hp, then drink a healing draft when you find it and everyone wins! (Medkit technically heals 2 people.) A lot of folks I play with are pleasantly surprised when I inform them, so spread the word if you can.
Mate, you didnt get the point of the post. Im not crying about what happend to me. I just wanted to remind ppl to not judge players by the character they play:
I dont beg for anything like “reports” or “bans” dont know where you read that. If i want to have ppl banned or reported i wouldnt black out the names of these dudes.
I told you it doesn’t matter, and you posting about it is crying about it. Now stop, it didn’t have to affect your day in any way, that was your choice.
Yeah, i was crying about it, i agree with you on that. But i didnt cried about the points you thought i was crying about. If you want to flame me, atleast do it with stuff i wrote, not with stuff you wove.
I havn’t flamed you at all, stop trying to twist everything. It doesn’t matter, which was the only point I made. You’re blowing this out of proportion. Be a grownup and move on.
![]()