Game won't launch - fix EasyAntiCheat

Issue Type (Required):

Crash - On Launch

Issue Description (Required):

Game won’t launch on official realm when I hit play. Have over 500 hours of the game working for the past 4 years until some rarted patch in the last 6-9 months. It works in the modded realm. It works when I delete the EasyAntiCheat Certificates folder and run the installer but I get a missing hash catalogue error in the in-game menu. I then verify the integrity of game files and I assume it redownloads the EasyAntiCheat Certificates but then it goes back to not launching again. All of this is from a clean install and no mods. Just FatShark things…

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

No, I don’t use mods

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

I just looked at the forum history and this same problem gets posted every week if not multiple times a week with no clear solution. Don’t even bother linking me to:

Fix the game

i removed EAC entirely ages aog and the game works fine. your problem isn’t with fatshark it’s with EAC’s being busted. you might wanna uninstall the whole game and start over to see if it borked a file setting.

Sorry to hear this @Bemi

As you can launch in Modded realm, but not Official this definitely indicates an EAC issue.

Have you tried performing a Selective Startup and checking if a background application may be the cause?

1. Press the Windows key
  2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
  3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
  4. Deselect ‘Load startup Items’
  5. Reboot your PC
  6. Launch Vermintide 2 as normal

If the error no longer persists, you will need to re-enable your usual background applications one-by-one to determine which is the culprit.

Otherwise, I recommend to try adding Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions for both Vermintide 2 and Easy Anti-Cheat:

• vermintide2.exe in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\binaries
  • vermintide2_dx12.exe in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\binaries_dx12
  • EasyAntiCheat.exe in \Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat

This isn’t a background application or Anti-Virus/Firewall problem. This is an EAC problem specifically with the certificate. As soon as I delete the certificate I can get to the official realm menu with this error.

Ah I see! There’s definitely something amiss with the game installation, EAC installation or both.

It seems that upon deleting your certificates and repairing/verifying files, that this isn’t being restored correctly.

In which case, I recommend to try a clean reinstallation of Vermintide 2, which can often resolve more complex issues:

Ok I was able to fix the problem. I deleted the EAC certificates. Then deleted the Vermintide 2 folder under AppData\Roaming\Fatshark. Then verified integrity of game files which redownloaded the certificates. Able to launch in official realm with mods. There was something in the AppData that was messing with the EAC.

Game failed to launch the next time I started again. It seems like the game writes a problematic file in the AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2 folder every time I play meaning I have to delete this file and reset my settings every boot up…

Now it’s giving me an EAC error: Unstrusted system file anaconda3\Library\bin\sqlite3.dll

Try opening CMD as admin and run the " sfc/scannow " command, this fixes the issue for some.

Did for me twice too, have had it happen after some major patches.

Sorry to hear this. As Frosysir has mentioned above, running the Windows System file Checker may help here:

Please let us know how this goes.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.