Game won’t launch

console-2023-10-08-16.37.11-5a69f529-5b0e-47b3-9fbc-c1f8ba99eac8.log (15.3 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (65.6 KB)
Issue Description:
unable to launch the game

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
no errors

Steps to Reproduce:

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
steam
Player ID:
jauroth

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Constant

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

[PC] Paste Crash Report, or Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[

Hi @jauroth

A couple of thoughts here -

Firstly, if you are using any mods, please try disabling these.

Failing that, I believe this crash may be being caused due to interference from Fasoo Enterprise DRM on your PC. Could this be why?

no mods whatsoever

There is no “Fasoo Enterprise DRM” on my pc

my gpu and cpu are AMD Could this be the reason ?

up

@jauroth apologies for the delay!

One of our developers has been able to take a more in depth look at this. Unfortunately, we can’t determine the exact cause, however there appears to be something external (possibly Anti-Virus) which is quarantining some of your game files.

We recommend checking your Anti-Virus or Windows Defender to see if anything is being quarantined.

Also please ensure you have appropriate Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions in place for both Darktide and Easy Anti-Cheat. You’ll need to add the following exceptions:

• Darktide.exe in \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 DARKTIDE\binaries
  • EasyAntiCheat_EOS.exe in Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat_EOS

Please let me know how this goes.

still the same :frowning_with_open_mouth:

I’d like to add that this same fault is affecting me as well. This was supposed to be fixed this patch according to another post. I have added the exceptions mentioned above into my anti-virus and can also confirm that I have no mods installed and have never heard of anything called ‘Fasoo Enterprise DRM’.

This really needs looking into as a matter of urgency.

Thank you

I’m seeing the exact same thing these folks are. I’ve even reinstalled the game, did a clean reinstall of my gpu drivers, and turned off antivirus. Something is broken with the game. Please fix.

Sorry to hear this all.

It would be very useful for us to learn more information on the type of error that is occuring here. In order for this, could you please do the following -

1. Launch Darktide from Steam
  2. Wait until the Steam play button returns to the original state (Launcher has crashed)
  3. Open your PC start menu and type “Event Viewer” and open this application
  4. Explore Windows Logs/Application
  5. There should be an Error log here
  6. Please provide a screenshot or copy of the error text

Thank you in advance!

nearly a mounth and still no patch to fix it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: