Game was made made to be a f2p gacha grind. Refund it

Fixing it would require completely reworking multiple core mechanics, which won’t happen. Their chinese overlords won’t allow Fatshark to mitigate grind or rework predatory cosmetic shop. The entire purpose of the game is to force you to log in multiple times a week to grind weeklies with rng missions, refresh rng shop and fomo buy cosmetics with ingame currency and also classes and weapons. They were testing the waters with giving Vermintide 2 for free, in order to see how many paypigs would buy cosmetics. Now they simply seek to extract a bit of additional profit.

Fatshark won’t fix any issues, it’s pointless to complain about it here. There is no reason to give them any money since game will change to f2p model sometime in the future anyway. Why would you pay for a free to play game?

Simply leave negative review and refund this turd. It’s over for this series.

2 Likes

LOL! Imagine being the kind of person that take the time to create an account and jump on to write an entire two paragraphs about how butthurt you are about a game instead of just refunding it and going on with your life.

Boo hoo.

Shouldn’t you be playing the game right now? It’s already Thursday and you still have 10 missions to beat (5 of which in a manufactorium XlHab26-55), 12 grimmoires to pick up and 15 scriptures. If you hurry up maybe you will even manage to buy that Master Crafted Axe from sire milk or whatever that gacha vendor is called. I think I saw Investigation mission showing up again too. It’s not on Uprising this time, so maybe you will even have some fun while grinding it. Only 5 minutes left though! Better log in fast!

And don’t forget to buy your Catachan cosmetic! You still have some Aquilas left after last transaction, you don’t have to buy as many of them this time.

2 Likes

stay mad lmao

@Ninjamoose @wcregester Before you make fun of this post you show look at this post.

He is absolutly right with what he says, there are just not enough people that can see the game is build around the MTX and this what the game simply make worse then it could be.

@Kubers There can not be enough people to point this out.

1 Like

idk man the game feels like it’s built around stabbing dudes rather than being an mtx paypig for things that have literally zero bearing on the gameplay

if we’re making mountains out of molehills we could be talking about how 1/4 classes is bugged to the point of being unplayable past difficulty 3 on release, instead of crying about how there’s day 1 mtx

but I guess I’m just a dirty shill for supporting tencent, an investment firm two companies removed from fatshark, only talking about fake issues like the ones actually in the game

1 Like

What you point out is part of the problem.
So i ask what it is more important to the player, a ready to launch MTX shop or lets say a stable game framework, bugfixes or a finished system to craft weapons?

This is my fear. That this game will be just another disposable vending machine, with little investment by the team, other than making a quick buck, before they move on to something else (A Tencent specialty. They turn everything they touch into a throw-away cash grab).

The monetization is so different than VT2 with its FOMO, and disparity in currency, that I am losing my faith in FS. VT and VT2 were great games that provided an honest value. But launching a dramatically incomplete game, but with a ready-made predatory cash shop, makes me not trust FS.

2 Likes

As far as I know, nothing that alters gameplay can be bought from the premium shop.

No boosters, no weapons, no characters, and the premium shop doesn’t sell loot boxes.

So no. It’s not Gacha.