Game crashes at launch

start game from launcher. Game crashes and provides crash report.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
FamishedRaccoon

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Friday 11/03/2023-today

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

GUID: bb5e0fab-d8f5-4e80-81e6-46dba9ad674b
Log File:
Info Type:

Darktide Crash File.txt (770.5 KB)

Issue Description:
Launch Game – crash – repeat. Game was working great then Friday 11/3 everything stopped working. No changes on my end.

Steps to Reproduce:
Launch game

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
FamishedRaccoon

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
N/A

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

1 Like

I tried removing app data. Game launched after removal, but the 2nd time I tried to play the game after the one success it failed again. Subsequent attempts to remove app data and relaunch failed.

same issue,

console-2023-11-11-20.40.28-7f34ffec-769a-490c-8699-359a7f3963fc.log (15.3 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (411.0 KB)

Currently dealing with the same issue, was able to launch the game using the “start_protected_game” application within Darktide’s folder. Upon loading into the game, I was not able to sign in and kept getting hit with backend errors.

Was just playing Darktide last night and shut it off to go to bed. Just launched it up this morning and now I can’t seemingly log in.

darktide_launcher.log (22.8 KB)
console-2023-11-11-22.20.52-94fb914d-684b-4279-bd25-f13b1cd79e2a.log (117.0 KB)

EDIT: I’ve also tried verifying the game files twice to no avail.

I noticed that you seem to be using mods, and this may be the result of the mods.
I recommend you try the following two solutions.
1 Temporarily disabled all mods, just click on the toggle_darktide_mods.bat, if you can enter normally after that, the reason is caused by the mod.
2. Update all mods to the latest version and uninstall some of them that may not have been updated for a long time.

Yep! I’ve disabled my mods (even removed them from the game files) and I’m still crashing.

im not using mods, so that can be issue

Okay after troubleshooting for a bit, I did narrow down that it was mods! It was actually the Rich Discord Presence mod inside the game directory. Disabling the mods didn’t help due to the fact that “RDP” actually has dlls that need to be installed outside of the mod folder. After removing those, I was able to launch the game safely. Sorry for all the confusion, hopefully, this helps the others on this thread if they also have the same mod installed.

I looked everywhere and could not find the Rich Discord Presence mod. Could you be more specific regarding the location? I’ve never downloaded that mod.

Make sure Steam Cloud Saving is not enabled for Darktide, and then proceed to delete the AppData once more. It sounds like it’s reinstating the AppData thus causing the issue to resurface.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.