Game always crashes after launcher

Can’t open the game. I open the launcher, press play. EAC logo does this little animation, at the start its little bit laggy. NVIDIA overlay already opens, then game crashes. Has done this dozen times, always the same. I can open game through game files using launchers, but get the backend-error.

I have checked antivirus and have enabled Darktide. I have tried to turn antivirus compelety off. No difference. I have deleted Darktide folder from AppData, no difference. I have tried new and older versions of NVIDIA drivers (2080 ti). I have checked that GPU acceleration is turned on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled game several times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled EAC. I have checked I have latest Windows Visual C++ installed and repaired the install. Have tried turning NVIDIA overlay off. Have tried selective startup. Nothing works. Game is unfortunately totally unplayable as I can’t even launch it. No problems with any games earlier, Vermintide 2 included.

Specs: Ryzen 3700X, 2080 ti, 32 gb RAM, plenty of storage space M.2.ssd.

Consol log and launcher log included.

CRASH REPORT:
GUID: 0834e8d1-1198-4e8e-ba5b-784920887116
Log File:
Info Type:

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. open launcher
  2. click play
  3. crash

Platform:
Steam

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

console-2022-11-23-16.23.33-de09d39d-27f1-44e7-b572-300ca312aef9.log (2.4 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (126.2 KB)

Sorry about this. This is a complicated issue and I’ll have to add it to our database.

Just to let you know, the problem was Epic Games Launcher, uninstalled it and problem is gone. I have never used it, have no games installed through it, so quite weird. Many other people has got the problem solved this way, you may want to look into it.

1 Like

I was also having this issue (constant crashes at EAC screen - said “waiting for game”) and uninstalling the Epic Games Launcher worked for me as well.

Thanks!

1 Like