FS, are you fixing the OE patch's numerous bugs before Chaos Wastes?

Hedge’s response is going to be the best thing he can give. You asked about if they’re going to fix them, his response says that there is going to be a patch. After that the best thing that could be suggested is to make sure the bugs are as well documented as possible. Are there a ton of reports already? Sure but that pre CW patch isn’t going to get there any faster, nor would I expect them to give a date before they are ready because of the community reaction to missed deadlines.

As for the “anti-criticism” posters don’t take it too personally. Fatshark has a lot of critics (like me) and any critique of the game needs to be counterpointed for it to stand up to scrutiny. Also at the very least I respect Froh’s defenses of Fatshark. I don’t find his posts to be hostile or inciting of the critics he’s responding to.

But for the record I think you are correct that many of the issues are well documented. Also I don’t think you’re not having posted them when they’re already documented means you lose the right to criticize. Hell , the first post on the VT subreddit is a ping /connectivity thread that has been up there for a month.

2 Likes

Which future? Everyone dies in the Chaos Wastes (because f0ck this, it’s the Endtimes anyways) and then say Hello to Darktide. :man_shrugging: :smirk:

1 Like

Hedge’s vague response that they’re planning to do a single unspecified pre-expansion patch is definitely better than continued total silence, but it’s just insulting that they have to be prompted to give even that small bit of info. Why does every little bit of encouraging news have to be dragged out of them?

I know they aren’t blind to the numerous posts across three distinct forums asking about bugs and Chaos Wastes, but I’m struggling to see how it negatively affects their bottom line to simply acknowledge their community’s concerns and let them know they are heard, even if they can’t provide explicit answers.

I don’t think reasonable people are asking for specific dates, and I would hope a game dev company with years of experience would be able to tell the difference between a vocally angry minority and a quieter community at large who just want a bit of reassurance.

As to the “anti-criticism”… I came to this forum quite a bit in the first year after the game launched, but that became less and less after watching so many threads derailed by obsessive posters who would deny anything was ever wrong and who were given free reign to just attack everybody as long as they maintained a veneer of civility.

For better or worse, this seems like the place where one is most likely to get a FS response, but the level of condescending, dismissive elitism that gets dumped on people’s heads, seemingly with FS’s blessing, is incredibly off-putting.

6 Likes

This is perhaps getting a bit off topic but this is actually a big deal as it relates to Darktide. Whatever pros/cons the game ends up having on release, if the core gameplay isn’t stable its gonna be an issue.

In my completely subjective opinion, this forum is actually pretty dead.
I haven’t seen any real discussions for a long time, there were a few about Darktide after the trailer, but that died down quickly. The last Weave thread is unfortunately just a repeat of last season (as it will be if nothing changes).
There aren’t really many people here either, I’d describe the number of regular posters as very manageable.
News, updates and posts from FatShark are not all published here either, or sometimes delayed.
There is almost no communication between developers and community here and most of the topics about suggestions for the game, bugs, etc. have already been discussed enough. So in principle there are really only bug reports and exaggeratedly said “hate triads” that boil up every few weeks.

It’s certainly no fun as a community manager to have to read something like that day in and day out and not have an answer ready, so maybe don’t take Hedge’s statement too personally…

The problems are undisputed, but you can get a stubborn donkey back in front of the car only with a lot of patience.

4 Likes

I’ll quote Bardin on this one: “Don’t bloody miss then, Grimgi!”. I mean seriously, we’re (almost) all grownups here - isn’t that reaction kind of expected?

Well, they do slap those ‘acknowledged’ badges on most of the legit bug reports.

He does get paid for it, doesn’t he? Maybe it is he who shouldn’t get personal with all that and start singing along to a troll song?

The team only really emerged from Festive Hibernation en masse yesterday, which was when I became aware of a pre-CW patch. Our producer reached out to Julia, Lev and I for a run-down of the most pressing issues being bounced around in the forums. It couldn’t have come much sooner I’m afraid, this thread was a great place to bring it up :slight_smile:

I’m not here to defend an attack on your credibiliy, a far cry from it was my intentions but I’m sorry it came off that way. For the most part I take posts in isolation of a posters history or habits, which is probably a fault I should correct in general. When asked if these bugs have been reported, I wasn’t referring to specific issues, but if a poster has found a bug, checking if it’s been raised is a good start, or just posting it up so we can acknowledge the issue is super important. There have been more times I can count where someone says “when will you fix X” when X has never been reported to us. We can’t fix what we don’t know about.

13 Likes