For freaking sake, let us mark enemies in the dark

Fair point, I’ll concede that.

Nobody plays WHC anyway, but not having access to witch hunt in the dark really kills him. I get really salty whenever I experiment with him and get into that map. I think it would be cool, if you would still could activate the hunt, maybe w/o blue frames, just to get that important dmg bonus vs gas or gunners. Othervise feels like darkness mechanic cancels him completley.

You “get really salty” , pun intended? :stuck_out_tongue:

But really… The darkness is what, maybe 20% of one level of the entire game?

Yes, it’s a rare issue. I have 200+ hours played and maybe 3 mine runs ruined by the lack of tagging. But it adds to a considerable list of ways the game is ruined by itself. Patrols spawning on your face out of thin air, connection issues, Director going crazy with specials, objectives not triggering and, well, we all go through things on a daily basis, although some will naturally have better luck than others.

But since it’s actually intended, it won’t go away unless we manifest against it. I get the appeal about the darkness. Literally every single player knows that it’s meant to convey tension. But the thing is: it will keep conveying suspense even with markable enemies. It’s not like the whole mines will light up like an ibiza night club. You’ll still have to identify enemies’ direction and put your crosshair above them. You’ll still won’t be able to see stuff two feet beyond. I also love it and it’ll keep being awesome. The difference is that we won’t have to go through rage-inducing insta-lose situations.

And of course, we didn’t even address the dwarf in the room. The Slayer’s only weapon against ranged enemies beyond leap and/or granade’s reach is marking them and praying that their allies will pause their score racing to actually help him.

Leaping into the darkness towards a winding up gunner and who knows what else sounds like a fitting end for a slayer dwarf :stuck_out_tongue:

it will trivialise the area if you are able to mark out elites and specials and just shoot them from far away. not being able to see them, attempting to shoot them just by audiocues alone or by green glows, that’s the intended design.

the slayer’s is strong there. there are plenty of wooden support structures and walls to hide behind - you’re not exactly supposed to stay out in the open for gunners and plasmas to fire freely at you. this is another argument - it’s a playstyle issue.

No, it will not trivialize the area because it will still be the only area in the game where you can’t see beyoud arm’s reach. And the Slayer is strong there because he can hide? You’re really going with that?

you’ve already answered your own question. the slayer is strong there because he’s melee, and he can maneuver his way to ranged target in the dark under fire because there are plenty of obstacles to weave in and out to close the gap, not because he can just hide…

i feel as if i shouldn’t be explaining this.

1 Like

Well, I can agree with the dev’s reasoning because we have no cap to tagging that I know of.
If I suspect an enemy in front of me I can just hammer T until I tag something.
The only time I’m actually annoyed by this is when I’m nearly in hitting distance of a special and I can’t call it out - if the tag was invisible or only lasted a half second that really wouldn’t bother me.
Ok, this actually doesn’t bother me, but I still think it’d be nice to have these kinds of callouts.

Then again, bribing the devs with sake to be allowed to tag enemies in the dark sounds like a plan.

1 Like

You really shouldn’t be explaining this since you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. Somehow, on your Legend cakewalks (which we totally believe by the way) you’ve failed to notice that every single character is capable of melee combat and every single character is capable of taking cover from ranged fire. It’s not a Slayer prerogative.

eh, believe what you want to believe. i believe in finding solutions for problems, not whining. i go into runs and am able to pick out what people are doing right and what they are doing wrong. a group of 4 legend players doing the right things truly make for a very smooth run, and i’m sorry you haven’t yet experienced this.