Blightreaper

First time here… first post. I scrolled around and saw pretty much only negative feedback. This will only add to that unfortunately.

Let me start by briefly stating this is definitely become one of my favorite games of all time.

Now what I want to know is WHO EVER THOUGHT WE LIKE THE BLACKOUT ASPECT OF THIS GAME? DID ANYONE EVER SEND YOU AN EMAIL SAYING PLEASE FATSHARK, THERE’S TOO MUCH LIGHTING IN THIS GAME, A DYNAMIC AND ENGAGING CHALLENGE WOULD BE TO BLACKOUT AN ENTIRE LEVEL OR YOU CAN CARRY THE WORST WEAPON EVER CONCEIVED AND DIE THAT WAY INSTEAD?! GAAAAAAAAU WHY U DO THIS FATSHARK?! ITS NOT FUN ITS ENRAGING!!!

okay that was mostly for me lol. Thanks, keep you up the great work.

Don’t ever. Ever. Make another blacked out level again, it’s the worst.

2 Likes

This game is supposed to be challenging. Stop qp, learn this map on Veteran/Champion and play it again when you got better.

After all, everyone needs to

GIT GUD

There were dark maps in the DLC for vermintide 1, and they polarised opinion in the same manner.

Personally I find the ability to light braziers along the way a great improvement over just carrying the torch, and I’d just like players with a 1h weapon to be able to carry the torch in their offhand without penalty.

The entirely black aspect of the map is quite cool, although a little frustrating at times - no more frustrating than a hookrat spawning within two feet of you though.

1 Like

It’s not like I dont like the dark part but I think it is a tidbit too long. And I dont mean the event for opening the gates. These are infact “bright” areas. The way until you may star the event is…well…maybe 10-15% too long?

I don’t mind it, it’s fun. And I enjoy getting bosses in there. Moar of a challenge, same as “hunger in the dark”. You should be able to hear which direction most enemies are coming from anyway. My only issue with the maps is that they’re too long. At least they feel that way.

1 Like

Being able to off-hand wield the torch would be interesting, at least, and would give a unique functionality to the one-handed weapons. Sensibly, though, some kind of penalty should be applied, as part of the point is the torch replacing your normal weapon, allowing you and your team to see better, but allowing you to do less damage. Also sensibly, that penalty could be as simple as dropping the torch if you do a heavy attack, as most (if not all) of the “one-handed” weapons’ heavy attacks actually use two hands. Limiting yourself to one-handed weapons is already a bit of a penalty, but not enough certainly, and I’m not sure if dropping it occasionally would be either, but we can always speculate. And maybe some clever modder could even try how this would work.

More generally, I kind of like and kind of don’t like the dark sections of the maps. They bring some fantastic feelings in through never being sure what to expect and making you rely on different abilities than usual, but they’re also annoying to navigate in, and horribly dangerous if you lose that light source. I’d say I prefer The Blightreaper to Hunger as the former has its light sources far easier to manipulate and use, even being able to bring them exactly where you want, even if Hunger’s is far shorter. I’d certainly appreciate a single torch placed in Hunger (but no more than that; it is far shorter and you already have another moving light source).

Sense the frustration… Felt it was a pretty basic aspect in video games these days and don’t feel it’s out of place. After beating it to death and doing the bogenhaven challenges, Hunger in the Dark should feel like a blinding light.

Nothing worse than spawning into pitch blackness when your team is already miles away.

hookrat noises in the distance…

1 Like

YOU ARE WRONG!

IT IS THE BEST!!!

(honestly, i like that people love/hate it)

edit: the feeling of coming out of the dungeons, past the water curtain and into the light… is amazing.

…\[T]/

oh and btw, it isn’t as bad as the darkness in hunger, you can still ping things.

1 Like

I’ve not checked it out but this map feels far longer than any other map.

I don’t mind the dark, it certainly ramps the difficulty up.

I like the blackout levels. It’s variety and it allows for fun achievement hunting. Also negative feedback is almost 100% of feedback you seen on any feedback forum for anything ever. People want to vent frustration by writing complaints vs people who are happy who just continue to play the game.

Threads like this are proof that we should have one darkness level per DLC.

Would be nice if torches stopped teleporting, it kills all the tension.

It’s not fun. I didn’t say it’s too difficult. It is not a fun experience to run around in the dark, for me.

Being artificially blind isn’t an engaging challenge, it’s fake difficulty and trolling tantamount bad game design difficulty akin to Skyrim, where the literal only difference between Easy Mode and Expert Mode is x10 enemy damage and 1/10 Player damage being applied. The core game doesn’t change in any way, it just makes the player infuriated.

Do you think the next DLC map should start with the players being bombarded, causing shellshock, and then you have to play a 45 minute map deaf? It that super engaging and hardcore enough for you?

1 Like

It’s also very atmospheric, and atmosphere is one of this game’s strengths.

2 Likes

The characters should have the option to equip illuminating hats (Salty Boi and Stunty Boi have them already with candles on) and they don’t need to carry the torch.

IF those hats were DLC specific then they could be given to people who buy the DLC.

The fact that Sienna can’t just have a floating ball of fire as a torch that slowly build Overcharge is daft. A fire mage lost in the darkness?! Really?

1 Like

Fun for me. And apparently for thousands of VT1 gamers who thoroughly enjoyed Castle Drachenfels. Darkness is as much of a scenery as rocks and rivers - get over it and learn to deal with non-standard difficulties.
Or just die and wait till you are revived in the city :smiley:

Don’t forget her not illuminating the surroundings. She’s got fire coming out of her.

Also, dwarfs and elves see in the dark. Shartfart didn’t even explain the darkness away with magic this time. It’s just, there. In Castle Drach it was magical…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.