There’s been various commentary about it all throughout VT1 and now VT2, but here are the highlights:
- Better dodge distance weapons
- Unlimited dodge count weapons
- Best red weapons in the game (SnD and Glaive)
- Had the only orange weapon that didn’t have Killing Blow tied to one specific pair trait
- Faster swinging weapons
- Ability to move faster than other heroes by swinging your weapon (Dual Daggers, later gained by Ceremonial Dagger for Sienna)
- Hagbane bow (best AoE weapon in the game)
- First DLC (Drachenfels) added the Glaive - hands down the best melee weapon in the game at the time - for Kerillian
- and more
The devs admitted it. On several streams, they stated that all the heroes have their strengths and weaknesses - except for Kerillian who was created as the hero that could “sort of do it all”.
- Given 3 new weapons (most careers gained 0-1, hers gained 2-3)
- Given 10% extra crit rate on most of her weapons, a bonus not received by anybody else (with the exception for Slayer with Dual Axes - a new weapon that’s OP compared to others)
- Given health regen on her base class, no other class received
- Given ammo regen on her base class, no other class received
- Backstabbery trait from VT1 was removed from the weapon properties, and instead given to only the Shade
- Hawkeye trait from VT1 was removed from the weapon properties, and instead given to only the Waywatcher
- All ranged weapons substantially reduced in ammo, but elf was given three methods of regaining ammo that aren’t dependent upon firing your ranged weapon; a couple other classes got something here or there, but as usual elf was given more
Now, from a Lore perspective, Elves in the Warhammer universe are tremendously better than Humans across the board. But Dwarves are significantly better as well and Bardin doesn’t stand out significantly over Sienna, Kruber, or Saltzpyre.
I find it frustrating that not only is there not a strong effort towards keeping the classes balanced, but that there’s clearly (and admittedly) an agenda to make sure that Kerillian is always better than the other 4 heroes.