Fatshark will take "A BIT of responsibility" for the state of the game. So... who takes the rest Fatshark? You serious?

Now obviously Catfish is just messenger so don’t shoot the messenger. But seriously, that’s the tone you will want to go with next community update? You will take “A BIT of responsibility”? So who takes the rest? Customers? Higher Power? Who else participated in making this game?

The state of the game is yours Fatshark FULL RESPONSIBILITY. You released, designed, developed and coded this game in it’s current state. You take full responsibility. Not bit, not little, not parial. FULL.

Listen, if you plan to go on next community update with attitude like that: a litte bit responsibility, partially our fault, not meeting “brutal expectations” (remember DICE and BF2042 response FS?) of customers or “having different vision” then I can already tell you: fires you wanted to put down? You will just add oil to it. With tone like that you won’t get trust back of community.

Take L Fatshark, take L. Full L. That will at least put in you place where community will even want to hear what you have to say.

8 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t tear apart everything bit by bit. I just want to know about material results and design goals. What are they planning to do to address the issues brought up. Whether they think it’s their responsibility or anyone else’s is mostly irrelevant to me.

1 Like

Fair, but it’s very relevant to me. If someone screws something up I expect first of all that they will admit it, say they are sorry and then we can work from there. I am old fashioned and avoiding step of admitting you screwed something up automatically puts me in position where I don’t even want to hear the rest.

Each to his own, but for me, that’s minimum to start repairing relationship with someone, in private or in business.

4 Likes

I just think it’s different when it’s to an audience. Sure, that sounds nice and all, but I only expect that between people I interact with face to face. With corporations there’s too many differing opinions internally and, generally, they will go with whatever gives them the best PR. Even if they said what you want them to say, how would you know they’re being honest, or are they saying it because it’s the best move politically? How would you determine authenticity?

I don’t really expect them to care about me, nor I them. It’s just transactional, I am here because I like the game enough and I want to provide feedback. And since I am past the return window the only ammunition I have is a negative review and communication with others. They have to make money, and I want a good game to play. When I go to the doctors I don’t expect them to care about me. I am a machine to fix, and they are a mechanic. Sure you can have more human relations, and someone like Jace from coffee stain you could have a parasocial relationship but realistically I think if they provide a good game, and listen to feedback, what they say or believe doesn’t really matter. And if I play the game and give a positive review, they don’t really care what I think and feel.

1 Like

Drama Queens

This is how you’re going to push FS to not communicate even more than they usually do

2 Likes

This ^

Why is everyone so entitled and think their suggestions and expectations are THE TRUTH and everything else doesn’t matter.
Stop crying for changes YOU THINK are good. Stop imposing YOUR VISION in the game.
Fatshark will decide how THEIR game should be and when, and if you don’t like it, you are free to leave/refund (if you still have the option).
Outside the crafting thing, which I do believe Fatshark should’ve address that first before anything else, I did not see any valid reasons to be this upset. Get out of your echo chambers.

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t express your opinion, but stop being so angry and demanding about it. Suggest your thing, give your feedback and move on.

I DEMAND FATSHARK THIS AND THAT NOW!!! IT’S BEEN A MONTH ALREADY!! - just stop.
I really don’t understand the community anymore. It’s turning into meaningless screaming and screeching similar to twitter.

3 Likes

Oh… and how it’s going so far?

Oh… aaaaand how did go in past for their Games?

3 Likes

As much as I agree to not going full Karen, as customers who paid said product, we are a bit entitled indeed…

1 Like

Yeah, im sure some forum post is going to have a major influence on how they do their jobs.

3 Likes

Crying about people crying is also super cool, if you use more caps lock i am sure it will be even better.

3 Likes

Every great fire is but started with a small spark, Catfish has been trying to be more communicative, which no one is going to be against.

This is just biting the hands that feed, if she know her every word are going to be dissected she is going to hesitate to speak with us, and the more we bite the less she is going to communicate

1 Like

She didn’t speak to us. She spoke to a different group of people on a different platform. That aint the forums. So we’re still getting info that normal people find and post on the “official” forums for us.
Also “a bit of responsibility” … LMFAO. Wow…

1 Like

That one word extra is probably entirely inconsequential.
It’s not an official statement, it wasn’t thoroughly vetted, so you shouldn’t read that much into it, it doesn’t come from management either, the amount of responsibility taken is definitely not up to the CMs. This is definitely what I’d call an overreaction.
I genuinely think Fatshark ruined the game and it will take years to fix it, but that one word is not a thing that’s gonna matter in the slightest in the coming days. Although my prediction is that officially they will take NO responsibility and Catfish was being optimistic.

Specificity is the cornerstone of communication.

Every word matters. Every punctuation mark.

you might hear a sports team refer to a heavy defeat as a “bit of a beating”

were putting them in a dont talk to the police situation, if every single phrase and nuance is going to be dissected and used against them why would they bother?

unfortunate choice of phrase for sure , but if you want any meaningful conversation between two sides that isnt conducted through lawyers a little good faith is required.

if he had blamed others fair enough , he didnt , its just a turn of phrase

2 Likes

She may be a Brit, Brits have a habit of understating things when really they mean the full thing.

The rest of the comment is understated too.

1 Like

Shh, it’s alright, you’re safe from darktide, he’s not in the room.

Wait, no- He’s under the bed! Look out!

I mean they did put out the open letter (from the CEO if it’s to be believed) to the players earlier today that much more explicitly says that they failed to deliver on what they wanted the game to be. I think that takes precedent over the word choice of a single CM.

The Open letter was ok, obviously it’s good that it seems they are finally (after 4 games?) learning something and appear to change their development cycle at last (freezing console release is surprise for sure, but a welcome one). So I will be watching with little new hope in future.

But since that’s letter is from the same guy who said they “forgot to put 2400 aquila option into store” and that they never wanted their cash shop to be predatory: I will remain sceptical till some actions will start to confirm words.