Fatshark has no plans to fix green dust problem :(

Basically, this.

1 Like

As far as I know this is how dust used to work in VT1. Probably that’s why.

Or what @Aisolon said.

>> While I highly doubt the thousands
Okay. Let me prove it to you.

This has been a huge problem for the end-game playerbase in this game for a very long time. Don’t doubt the thousands. Many of us are in this exact boat.

5 Likes

Okay, that is ridiculous. I still think a small minority is at those readings, but it just enhances the point that traded amount needs to be adjustable.

Oh, yeah, and one additional thing from my side: Other materials have a high disparity in them too, as you only ever need one weapon/jewellery part at once to craft something, but you will use up to 50 Scrap at once, and that’s used on things besides crafting proper. My situation is sitting on 150-200 of each part, while I use up Scrap pretty much as fast as it appears. (While I’m not yet on problematic amounts of dusts, though, the disparity on that is already quite visible there too.) So a more generalized version of the trading system would likely be a good idea, even if it requires some more number-tweaking.

Sweet, thanks.

+ 999

While we’re whining about stuff here - Fatshark, PLEASE, give us actual, real quantities, instead of this “+999” crap.

I’d say this is called for. I hope by the time they get everything figured out in general there’s some sort of thank you perk for all of the early adopters who’ve paid to be playtesters.

This is the problem with fixing things in the gaming world… As soon as they even think of fixing a problem people are upset with, they start complaining about something else… Just be happy we “might” be getting something we can do with all the blues. I have down time when I play, just sitting in keep chatting with friends. It’s a perfect time for this and keeps me busy instead of just jumping in circles.

No game is perfect, and many things could be better I’m sure. However, we don’t always know what those changes are until they’ve been tried. What sometimes seems like an easy fix to a problem ends up ruining the fun in a game quickly,

2 Likes

This is not fixing. This is a f**k off solution.

We’ve been struggling without dust for 3 months, and now we get the laziest possible workaround for the problem, which will force us to spend yet another couple of hours clicking the button. And you call that fixing?

It’s been 3 months already since the problem was voiced, and at least 1 month since the problem’s been officially noticed. And since it’s been so long, we would expect some thought process to be put into it. But no. No QoL, no retroactive changes, no apologizes, no nothing. Only more crafting buttons, that the community completely tired of by now.

Agreed, we “might”. Because this is just an announcement. This might take another month or two, until we actually see green dust. The game might be actually dead by that time, but who actually cares, right? Better blame the players for complaining. For actually caring about the game, and giving FS advice on how the fix should actually be made.

2 Likes

Oh well, I’ll be happy to have green dust again. I’ll leave the work of saving the game and protecting the community to you while I continue to play this dead game.

1 Like

I have nothing to add, thanks @ribbot.

1 Like

Actually, you managed to summarize all of FS problems in one sentence :+1: You probably think it’s sarcastic, but that’s exactly how it works. Most of the problems the game has should have never been seen in a ready game. Since FS sold it as a ready game, and not EA, they have to fix the problems really fast. But because they’re dealing with bugs, their fixes are usually too late even if they are good.

But oddly enough, all of this doesn’t matter for one and one reason only - FS never fixed the main problems players care about most, like dust, reds, cosmetics, crafting, crafting speed, stats and some more. So you should add “target wrong problems” to the quote, or smth like that.

2 Likes

Honestly? If this is true this is pretty disappointing. Half the fun of endgame stuff is testing new ideas but it’s so hard to get the green dust to test those ideas that you don’t really want to do it.

2 Likes

IDK, after giving it some thought I think this green dust fix will be okay, with some stipulations…

If they either

1. Fix red drops in such a way that people can reliably collect reds they want by playing (stuff like bad luck protection and duplicate protection, or other good ideas people have suggested on this forum)
  2. Implement a suitable replacement to the Bounty Board system from V1 where specific reds can be earned
  3. Add dupe protection to rerolling so you can’t get the same trait or set of properties multiple times in a row

(ideally all of these things get done)

Once reds can be reliably gotten, rerolling becomes MUCH less frustrating, because all you’ve got to do is get the right pair and the values will be maxed. Ideally we’d also see a tweak to rerolling so that properties / traits that haven’t come up in awhile have a higher chance to, just so there’s no edge cases of people who just get screwed by RNG.

If these tweaks were made and the blue -> green dust conversion is implemented as shown, I think this would put the system about on par with that of V1: Annoying but functional enough. I never cared for the crafting and rerolling system in V1, but then again once I finally managed to extract the weapon I wanted with the perks that I wanted on it that did feel pretty satisfying.

u know, if u just make the crafting system like v1, none of this bollocks would happen. if you wanna reroll a trait and/or stats on a green item? it costs green dust. wanna do it on a orange? costs orange dust (so are red).

but nooooo…

no idea why L_L?

2 Likes

No idea why they went backwards on inventory/crafting/cosmetics/reds(sort of)/keep/character dialogue/slot system.
V1 nailed (or came close to) all of those things.

1 Like

well during v1 development, fatshark was like “no, we dont wanna make gear that relavent to ur performance in the game. this isn’t a loot driven game, its suppose to be like l4d, u dont go back to l4d to grind loot so u should have the same attitude here :O!”

and apparently the player base is like "no, this is a loot driven game e_e… "

and so the dev when making v2 are like “fine >_> we’ll make it a loot driven game with this stupid “hero power” nonsense. so really we kindda turnt this game into a action rpg with stats and shtuff. and rpg should have a complex crafting system … ok let’s make this system complex then.”

and the player base is like “ye… u made it complex but that doesnt make it fluid or convient to craft things we want… it’s almost like u dont’ know how to make a proper action rpg (thats 1st person instead of 3rd person like diablo).”

and the devs are like “oh u noticed? but u said u wanted another “loot driven game” Q_Q!!!”

sorry i fantasize stuff LOL

1 Like

The power system was the biggest turn off i initially had with V2. I’ve learnt to deal with it but i really don’t like that so many weapons are useless because of power level.

I loved the versatility of choosing whatever character i wanted and whatever orange equipment i wanted at a whim without having to first spend ages building each character up to nightmare/cata.

2 Likes

I agree. I was thinking the same thing. 10 blue dust should give 15 or 20 green dust. Higher rarity!

5 Likes

Bye bye