Explosive barrels dealing 132 dmg

132 damage damage for being next to a barrel when an ally fired on it isn’t cool.

I’m cool with the bump (griefing be banned)
I’m cool with taking some damage
Losing over half my hp to one? With full toughness? Man that feels bad.

3 Likes

Yeeeeeeeeet

1 Like

They also made fire barrels almost as deadly as regular fire, if you don’t mash jump to cross a pool of fire you’ll easily lose 60 HP. On top of burning almost twice as long now. Barrels can also be set off by pox bursters, I had a comically stupid dog mode wipe where a burster flopped into the room while we were all in hit stun and the combined barrel and pox damage instantly killed a psyker and downed everyone else. This is why you need Ogryns.

“Watch out the barrel is going to explode!”
“The barrel, it is exploding!”

Summary

I don’t know if it’s by design or jank, but I find it hilarious that sometimes an ogryn shouts the warning about the barrel after it has already exploded.

1 Like

More like:
“Watch out! The barrel (explosion) is going to explode!”

Ye, that is why some people explode all the barrels they see, if no teammate nearby.
Usually they are doing that if they are in front of the team, so they wouldn’t come to exploding barrel.
And, I think that barrels are no very useful and most of the time harmful, I just don’t like them, maybe somebody knows and uses them, but I don’t, don’t want to risk killing somebody

1 Like

Yup: High Risk+Low Gain=Bad Strategy

BaRrEl’s AbOuT tO bLoW!!!

1 Like

No, seriously. I don’t want them changed. Those barrel explosions always crack me up. Yesterday I had a game where 3 people were launched off the stage and I died to a pox hound.
But it’s cool. If I am to lose my games, that’s how’d I like it to happen.

1 Like

Barrels affected by +power and rending as well, so you can oneshot whole team with right setup. Pretty funny.

1 Like

Wait, they are?!
How can one boost the power of barrels?

Why are they even in the game? They are completely useless if not to cause annoyance.

Stack +power buffs on weapon(like kill targets for slaughterer being up) → hit/shoot barrel. Rending will also be applied to barrels dmg.

1 Like

This is actually a good change they made. Fire barrel is now extremely useful against enemies. Poxwalkers just burn trying to walk through it. Explosives are also chunk bosses pretty nicely now.

I think you just revealed my new favorite Darktide hidden game mechanic to me. >:3

Enjoy your ride.

1 Like

they also shouldn’t toss ogryns like feather pillows. NPC’s are knocked down but for some reason players fly like a football through the uprights.

Seriously. A psyker downed 2 people who were at a very comfortable HP with a single barrel.
Why Fatshark?

156 damage to my zealot means the squishy classes could be one clapped without HP curios.