Buff Barrels, yes you heard me

Behold, the Great Enemy. Seething in their yellow and red canisters of damnation.

TheGreatEnemy

One touch of these suckers will send you flying across the screen, or slowly melting as you waddle forward to get to the warm safety of a poxwalker hoard.

Yet the same poxwalkers will walk through the fire at full speed, well and eager to give you burning hugs. Ranged enemies will get lightly singed and walk away, ready to keep giving you friendship shots.

The explosion will, if you are lucky, kill one or two groaners, or make a gunner fall over.

I say NO MORE, we all know just how wide the explosive radius of the barrel is, and how hot the fire is. Make the barrels as destructive to the enemy as they are to us. Let us see the dead bodies of poxwalkers fly away from an explosion. See the shooters staying in cover around a red barrel live on borrowed time as the fire will assuredly burn them to death.

Currently barrels are only a game of avoidance, make them a danger AND a real asset on all difficulties.

Ogrynheimer likes big boom. Surely you wouldn’t want to disappoint him?

20 Likes

Lmao I support barrels being strong enough to launch enemies as far as it throws players.

Let’s see some flying muties

12 Likes

Yes~ The barrel contains so much fuel, just ready to burst. It’s a BIG grenade, body part, ragdolls! Let there be carnage.

I remember a time when I managed to land a Krak grenade exactly at the feet of shooter. The body went flying upwards, hit a large pipe along the roof and went flopping down. Glorious.

5 Likes

Also… Allow ogryns to carry them again (they can still explode when being carried from enemy fire).
Let them/us/all BURN!
Elmo Fire GIF - Elmo Fire Burn - Discover & Share GIFs

10 Likes

Ogrynheimer like!

9 Likes

Yes, but only if you can tag barrels.

4 Likes

environmental Gameplay MORE,

mines, ledges trapdors, razorwire, collapsing ceilings and pillars

MORE MAYHAM

6 Likes

As fellow barrel jumper I would like more air time and flight in the barrel when I sit on it before explosion. Makes me feel like an assault marine.

5 Likes

For clarity, the intent was that barrels are suitably threatening to us players already, but burst with the power, and damage of ignited farts against enemies, due to them having an entirely different health scale than we do.

Let the heretics suffer like we have! Boom Barrel, it’s gonna blow!

5 Likes

MORE FIRE!
MORE DEATH!
MORE DESTRUCTION!

But seriously now I think this is actually a really good idea. It would make people pay more attention to barrels, as they would now be an asset, which would mean people notice them more and don’t walk into the explosions.

4 Likes

I don’t understand, barrels are strong on enemies. Unless the only proof you’re looking for is them launching those enemies as hard as they do players? This is why I get annoyed when I try to save them and get caught in the crossfire of careless teammates. Fire one good, boom one even better.

1 Like

They’re currently used as my Ogryn Catapult Sah!

5 Likes

I agree. Last few days, if I’m panicked and pull ranged to set off a chest high, probably 100 gallon barrel of highly unstable fuel, it hits maybe 2 deranged enemies and is barely worth the effort. Underwhelming. If fire is going to be so dangerous, the barrels need to do SOMETHING significant to the enemy. This stuff is clearly stronger than just gasoline, so make it hurt like napalm! Make it blow like cordite!

Also, please add a penance for blowing or burning these corrupted psychos with the resulting explosion. Most games, I hate “environmental” challenges, but here, it’s just another Monday.

Also, stand proud, the name Ogrynheimer is a work of rare genius. They should introduce an honorary hat in your honour as a reward for the penance.

3 Likes

Deploys photoshop

The warm, dare I say searing replies to this topic fills me with hope for carnage. The barrels barely tickle enemies on the highest difficulties in comparison to the grenades we can throw… Let there be destruction.

4 Likes

Assault Barrel jumping is super meta for ogryn and Zealot xD allows you to close so much distance it’s unreal!

2 Likes

Toss me, Sah!

And just because I am a bit proud of the result, here are the parts that were used to make the above carnage Ogrynheimer image.

Plus quick and dirty colour highlight painting in an overlay layer.

3 Likes

I also would like fat shark to add BLUE BARRELS to manufactorum missions containing liquid nitrogen or carbon that when they explode turn enemies to ice or slow them down and take more damage for a period of time.

2 Likes

Give the man what he wants.
And allow goddamn Ogryn to carry and throw barrels.

3 Likes

The only use of barrels rn is for trolls to annoy their team mates or to punish badly placed shots and bad positioning.

I now give barrels a wide berth or shoot them early to prevent such occurrences.

2 Likes

You know, coolant tanks have some viability. And the effect it can have on rejects is obvious, slower movement and slower melee swings.

2 Likes