Expanded Beastman roster

I’m gonna look a bit closer at Pestigors with this post.

Pestigors

Some pics for everyone to know what the enemy could look like.

As in the pictures and according to the miniature rules they seem to use two-handed axes with a solid blade firmly fixed to the weapon’s shaft. Heavy armour with robes and a hood for covering themselves. If the robes and hood are colored in a good manner I think that the risk of confusing these robes with those of the Plague Monk or the Gutter Runner would be rather low.

As an aid in coming up with how the Pestigor could fight I used this excellent video. Not all stuff could be done by the Pestigor due to the shape of the blade but perhaps such moves could be used by a future Beastman or Rotblood boss with a two-handed axe if not used for the normal enemies?

I think that the weapon could be similar to what the Beastigor has. To separate them in fighting style I think that the Pestigor shouldn’t have the “Charge” but move like other Beastmen, but instead have more HP than the normal Bestigor.

As I see it the Pestigor could have an overhead attack with a diagonal pattern, an “over the shoulder” strike that goes horizontal from high to low in its pattern and a quick attack where it moves its hands along the shaft and smack the hero in question with the bladeless end of the shaft if the hero moves in on the Pestigor.

This last could be in addition or instead of the push that I think I recall the Bestigor has at present. And perhaps one could also add a chance for a reversed blow to make it a bit more risky to dodge an attack and then move right in after the swing.

EDITED: Removed Youtube video link.

1 Like

I am once again bored and decided to post a suggestion related to the Beastmen in the form of different banners.

These are the magical banners found in the two Beastman army books for Warhammer Fantasy Battles, along with the flavor text for each banner, which I hope won’t be a problem. My suggestion for their effects in the game is after the flavor text.

Beast Banner - The ancient banner is stitched together from the skins of defeated enemies. Only the flayed skins of the most powerful foes are used, for the Beastmen become imbued with the power of their conquests.
Effects in the game: Increased attack speed and breakpoint against stagger.

Totem of Rust - Little more than a jagged spike with the corroded remains of fully armoured warriors impaled upon it, the totem of rust spreads an aura of entrophy that consumes metal in a manner of seconds.
Effects in the game: Decrease hero damage reduction by 5% and give a 10% damage reduction to Beastmen in its area of effect.

Manbane Standard - A grotesque mockery of the scarecrows that dot the agricultural lands of the Empire, the Manbane Standars is essentially a corpse beset by carrion birds that peck and caw incessantly. Any who behold this unnerving sight are filled with the dread that it will be their eyes and tongues the birds feast upon next.
Effects in the game: No THP gain while in the presence of this banner.

Banner of Outrage - The Banner of Outrage takes the form of a legendary standard torn from the dying grip of its erstwhile bearer and desecrated before his very eyes. The banner is befouled and stained and is a terrible afront to the enemy, while the Beastmen are fuelled to ever more vile extreme of savagery in its presence.
Effects in the game: As normal banner but also with the same “blinding” effects from Convocation of Decay’s end event when entering the banner’s radius and then every every 12 seconds in the banner’s presence (yeah this could be controversial).

Flesh Banner - The Flesh Banner is made from living body-matter and looks like a boneless man stretched onto a large squarish shape. In battle the pitiful creature wails and screams at the enemy, cluthing at them with flailing arms and tentacles, drawing them towards its drooling mouths.
Effects in the game: Maybe lash out with tentacles that can hold down a hero in the same way that a cloud of flies can when coming from Halescourge or Nurgloth?

Vitriolic Totem - This gnarled, contorted bough is hung with the heads of fallen Bestigor Champions, bulging from within its dark branches like obsence fruit. The magic of the totem is so strong that these heads chatter with a semblance of life, dribbling thick strings of poisonous blood in an unholy sacrament onto the outstretched weapons of the Beastmen below.
Effects in the game: All Beastmen within the banner’s presence gains acide/poisonous attacks.

Gore Banner - Festonned with the horns of past Beastlords, the Gore Banner is a powerful symbol to Beastmen and bolsters their confidence.
Effects in the game: Constant spawn of Gors and Ungors as long as the banner is standing.

Preyseeker - Preyseeker is a standard hung with the skins of wolves, savage hounds and other feral predators. It guides its bearers to the exact location of their prey ; a herd with such a banner will never go hungry.
Effects in the game: Increased movement speed and +10% damage to their attacks.

2 Likes

I Prefer the Crtl-Alt-Delete Totem - this special combo will removed beastmen entirely from the game.

I won’t talk about the description of the banner because they sound great and fit Vermintide (and maybe even Darktide for some)

Maybe a bit dangerous if it affect the Archers

Great as it would force you to either block or be more aggressive

That one may be a bit too anoying but if the zone isn’t too big it could work, maybe have the THP be “corrupted” where it doesn’t block health when you are in the zone but you still regain it when you leave said zone

I know that a lot of people will hate that one

Disable + Beastmen horde would be to strong

That would be Lore friendly (For Chaos too) but maybe have their weapon do a percentage of Dmg that bypass the THP

How about no thanks, endless horde are not fun, have it have a counter that limit the number of Spawn before they auto-destroy

There wouldn’t be that much point to the Speed buff as they always go straight to you, maybe change it to be Stagger recovery

Other Banner

Putrid Banner - Banner blessed by the Rot Lord himself, it’s smell attract Flies that swarm the surrounding
Effects in the game: Spawn the same Flies that Nurgloth does

War Drum - (Not a banner but effect could be moved to it) The Warherd move to the sound of their war drums
Effects in the game: Periodically will cause stagger (If you listen to the tempo it will tell you when it’s going to hit, letting you block to mitigate the stagger)

Blood Banner - The Bray Shaman will bless the Banner to make the Holder more resilient, letting him cheat death, but if they get to tired the banner will cause the ultimate death of all the Beastmen aroundEffects in the game: Pool the health of the Beastmen (Cutting the head of a Beastmen will still let him fight) The moment the banner is destroyed the surrounding Beastmen die

Despoiled Shield - The broken shield of a Dwarf Thane is proudly displayed by the Beastmen, showing their ability to render armour and tire the arms of even the most resilient
Effects in the game: Lose half a Stamina point

Broken Blade - The luckiest Ungor have had countless sword break on their hide, their opponent were not so lucky
Effects in the game: Critical strike doesn’t do any dmg/No critical Dmg

Edit: The size of all of those banner would not be the same to not be too difficult to balance

1 Like

To be honest I quoted from the two beastmen army books so I would have been shocked if the flavor text would not have fitted Vermintide. :slight_smile:

True, so maybe only affecting melee troops? Or maybe it only affects archers on Legend and Cata?

We’re on the same page. :slight_smile:

Certainly a possible solution. I don’t have a fixed opinion on this specific matter but some form of effect on the THP is what I’m looking for here.

Yeah, it will probably generate to much hate.

You think so? I think it might be weaker than a Beastman horde + Packmaster as the standard would be far less mobile and if it catch a hero, it won’t be going anywhere.

Yeah, I like the idea of bypassing THP, at least on Legend and Cata. Or maybe the banner should only show up on Legend and Cata in which case a powerful effect wouldn’t be to much for the players to handle.

Yeah. When I think about it I think that maybe this concept was a poor implementation as it would kind of walk on the toes of a prospective “horn blower” Beastman type of enemy.

A stagger recovery would work even better. :slight_smile:

Sounds cool. :slight_smile:

In all honestly I think that perhaps it would be better with a type of horn blower, as mentioned previously in the thread, who gives off a sound wave to be blocked rather than drums. A guy carrying drums around would presumably be fairly less mobile than one with a horn to blow in.

While a cool idea I personally think that this would fit better with Slaanesh for some reason. Now I’d love to see this kind of banner, but I’d probably angle it with Slaanesh rathern than Nurgle.

How often would one lose half a stamine shield?

I think this might be to much. Maybe a -5% to score critial hits would be better?

On this I totally agree. And as I commented above, maybe even make it so that some harder hitting banners don’t show up in lower difficulties?

1 Like

Meh I think it’s better to still have them be in all of the difficulties to learn