Ensorcelled Reaper gets too much thp on the special attack

Today’s hotfix made the special attack on the scythe give temp hp. That’s great! However, due to how the attack is coded, it can give absurd amounts of thp (certainly more than the 5 thp cap on cleave) in one attack, if the horde is dense enough. I’m using thp on cleave, but that attack feels as if I were using thp on stagger, which (I hope) is not intended. If you want to make that special attack more viable, just give it a fire DoT!

But the cleaving thp talents have an upper limit of 5 per attack…

You’re not really gaining more thp then just swinging heavies.

That’s the thing, the 5 thp limit per attack doesn’t apply to the scythe special for some reason. I’ve gotten upwards of 20 thp with it. Edited my original post to clarify this

I just tried it and I didn’t get more than 10thp while using cleave thp talents. Then again, the special hits twice so nothing out of the ordinary there.

Seems to be working as intended.

Here’s a reddit video where they get 63 thp from the special attack.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/s/UnbTdJ9qwk

Oh damn.

Yeah that should 100% not be that way.

I didn’t test for very long and it seemed way more likely that I got 10thp multiple times because that’s what I assumed it was capped at rather than getting 10thp multiple times out of coincidence (and never more) but yeah… that sure can’t be done with a “… capped at 5 per attack” restriction.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.