Enemies spawning far too stealthily

A horde of Poxwalkers dropping from a vent in the ceiling make no noticeable noise.
Same goes for a dozen armored guys coming through a door.

Basically when you have your back turned to it (because you’re fighting) losing health will be the first noticeable indication of new enemies appearing behind you.

There should be some audio cues, like naked feet and hands impacting on concrete for the dropping poxwalkers, and a noticeable grinding for the shi… formerly sacred and blessed imperial doors.
Especially the doors. Moreover they should take some time to open and close, at the moment they remind me more of StarTrek doors in the way they open, let a dozen guys through and close without making any noise.

6 Likes

This is mostly a problem because the game spawns enemies very close to if not on top of the player. There are also a lot of ceiling dropdowns for mobs to spawn from. If it behaved more like VT2, where aside from bugs the enemy is supposed to spawn at a distance and then come in, this wouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes

There ain’t nothing stealthy about 3-5 specials and a loose pack of trash mobs popping into existence out of thin air, not even a door, directly 10 feet in front of my face. This happens on the regular and it feels bad man.

3 Likes

i really miss the very prominent WHOOOOSH of an incoming backstab from V2