Enemies spawning right on top of / right behind players via doors

Some enemies should not be allowed to use doors that are too close to the players. This concerns ESPECIALLY Pox bursters, who I have repeatedly seen just exit a door several meters away from a player and immediately explode. This is complete bs. Chances of countering that are next to none, damage is severe, and afaik this can also kill you instantly instead of downing you.

On another occasion I have seen a trapper who:

1. Didn’t even exit the doors, but just opened it and stood in the frame.
  2. Shot a net at a nearby player, trapping them.
  3. Immediately went back through the doors and disappeared.

The heck is that?

Not to mention enemies spawning right behind you with close to no sound que. Enemies seem to be moving about very quietly in general, which causes me a lot of hits to my back. This was not a problem in V2.

Conclusion:
If a player is near a door, AI should be limited in how it can use it. Regular trash I presume is fine to use it regardless of how far players are, but elites and especially specials should be heavily blocked from some crazy shenanigans mentioned above.

9 Likes

Agree with everything you mentioned. Probably everyone has noticed this to some degree by now.
During hordes I have also seen minions spawn and jump down from ceilings without any holes in them, where nothing at all indicated that it was a spawn point.

For example, during the final escape in the scanning mission in Hab Dreyko, minions drop from the nondescript ceiling on the semi-circular ramp up to the ship. There are perfectly functional doors, like, 20 meters away…

And also, minions move super quick and you can only outpace them for a short moment by sprinting while having stamina. There’s no real need to make stuff spawn super close, except specifically for ambush hordes.

2 Likes

on top of the issues youve listed they need to make elites and specials more discernable from the horde, the only ones that are noticeable in a horde are hounds and poxbombs and they have decent audio when they spawn and are near and i think even the ogryns are too hard to notice because of ventilation purge’s.

It is far too annoying that we go through the trouble of clearing out an area and still something magically spawns in a room without a spawn point a literal second after walking out.
I agree in that if they will already catch up to you, they may as well spawn around a corner and not in the room we just cleared out.

I totally agree! This needs more attention. The most annoying thing is when you just cleared an area from enemies and hordes, there are these random few pox walkers who suddenly pop out from spawn areas behind and immediately bee-lines towards the players with no sound at all like they’re ninjas with a lock on attack that has a long range and wide cleave. This was not really much of a problem in Vermintide 2.