Empire Longbow: it doesn't recharge the arrow automatically

Oh ok, so you wanna make every time you switch a longbow that it reloads?

Got confused by this phrase :

No I’m not arguing for making changes to bows and their loading mechanism. Was replying to a somewhat off topic part.

Empire longbow in specific could use some tuning due to how incredilby slow it is. If that slowness is caused by the reload mechanics, then I guess changes to that mechanic would be one possible solution.

2 Likes

It’s goofy, for sure, but I’ll take function over form every time. A touch of realism can go a long way, I agree, but perhaps a “loaded bow on the back” is just the arrow being stowed against the bow for ease of access when drawing initially? Who knows?

I think the Man-Bow has similar reload/prep times to the Elf-Bow but, if I’m not wrong the part it is slowest in is the rate in which it reaches full-charge for maximum damage and penetration. It’s technically off-topic for the thread and Soul has asked us to specifically regard only the reload for this, so I’m going to say that, “this mechanic is likely fine, if we buff/nerf anything let’s look at other features of the Elf-Bow/Man-Bow first.”

Not strictly an issue, but we can understand the confusion.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.