Elf Regeneration has changed - I like it

This.

1 Like

Because he has potentially endless ammo. On par if not better than the Waystalker.
Because he has access to the Longbow. It has better damage than Waystalkers longbow and same ammo count.
Because he still has a very strong damage buff paired with a disengage. He still probably does more damage than any other Kruber career.

Defending an obvious overpowered situation where a single player can kill ANYTHING in 5s because of a single ability is either funny or stupid.

Other classes can wipe patrols but it usually involves bigger commitment or resources. Kruber could simply swing any melee while walking forward.

“Other classes can wipe patrols but it usually involves bigger commitment or resources. Kruber could simply swing any melee while walking forward.” Shield Stormvermin, you know those? They tend to, oh I don’t know, block all your hits unless you’ve got a 2handed hammer? It takes a little more than “swing weapon and walk forward” as you so nonchalantly put it.

Endless ammo? Please, I can get that with any class by having a “get 2 ammo when critting” trait. It works especially well on BH Saltzpyre.

Longbow, yeah, anyone who plays Kruber knows how crap it was with the ability before this mass nerf, and now it seems just about the only one that works with it. Ironic how the tables turn.

“Very strong damage buff” Either your purposefully over-exaggerating, or wanting to be contrarian here, because it’s a reasonable one at best. With the right talents, it doubles the damage you deal, but then they’ve also severely shortened it’s duration. I can pump out 2 handgun shots at best.

It seems to me that Fatshark is hell-bent on making abilities not something to really go for, in which case I say, why bother adding damaging ones at all? Just make them all utility, or remove them outright, don’t make them strong, then gimp them because “Oh wait, that’s not what we wanted you to do”.

“Other classes can wipe patrols but it usually involves bigger commitment or resources. Kruber could simply swing any melee while walking forward.” Shield Stormvermin, you know those? They tend to, oh I don’t know, block all your hits unless you’ve got a 2handed hammer? It takes a little more than “swing weapon and walk forward” as you so nonchalantly put it.

I was cleaning chaos hordes head on w/ a halberd. From 300 power and up. Champion. Solo.

Endless ammo? Please, I can get that with any class by having a “get 2 ammo when critting” trait. It works especially well on BH Saltzpyre.

Great then. Is nearly endless ammo insuficient for you? Then you can have other trait in the ranged weapon.

Longbow, yeah, anyone who plays Kruber knows how crap it was with the ability before this mass nerf, and now it seems just about the only one that works with it. Ironic how the tables turn.

The weapon, which does more damage than Kerillians strongest hitting one, was “crap” just because it didn’t benefit much from the career active while repeaters and blunderbusses were erasing bosses before they could react. Is this your argument at how the active was “BALANCED”. Did you major in civil law?

“Very strong damage buff” Either your purposefully over-exaggerating, or wanting to be contrarian here, because it’s a reasonable one at best. With the right talents, it doubles the damage you deal, but then they’ve also severely shortened it’s duration. I can pump out 2 handgun shots at best.

You can fit 4 blunderbuss shots which deal, at least, 50% extra damage. At LEAST, it is equivalent to the slayer and zealot.

It seems to me that Fatshark is hell-bent on making abilities not something to really go for, in which case I say, why bother adding damaging ones at all? Just make them all utility, or remove them outright, don’t make them strong, then gimp them because “Oh wait, that’s not what we wanted you to do”.

Is that not enough? His extra damage actually increases cleaving. There’s a horde incoming? Leave it to Kruber and 5+ mobs and their bits go flying off the map every single swing. Were there shields in that horde? There certainly aren’t anymore.

On top of it all. You don’t even spend ammo during his active. Huntsman’s weapons reload won’t subtract from his ammo pool.

And you are just s**posting about something you liked just because of a glitched gimmick and clutched your way into veteran.

2 Likes

It also sucks when you talk sh*t about people that cannot do champion alone. Do you need your regen on Elf if you want to do NM on VT1 too? No? You are talking to an active NM player here, don’t forget the origin of VT2.

the lvl 15 perks are useless now. the only one you can take is more regen for elf, because teamheal begins with elf under 50% health, not if a member has under 50%, the same with arrows. every passive here needs a timer for itsself. or the elf is be foreced to take dmg for benefits :smiley: in lvl 15 perks

the other option is, change all the perks for lvl 15

1 Like

your post makes 0 sense

WS healing synergises very nicely with natural bond, giving that extra bump below half health.

1 Like

She’s useless and unwelcome in my groups. I’d much rather run a mage, dwarf, and witch hunter–screw the elf now. What the heck does she add anymore? Annoying dialog? Screw her; she’s dead. RIP.

I’d say she’s still got some of the best weapons in the game in e.g. sword and dagger or glaive or spear.
And her ult is great against specials…

Most annoyingis that many talents are build around the regen passive. So I can only reg ammo with the regen, if its only. Suprise now it’s not and they cut the overall ammo.

Especially at high difficulty regen didn’t feel very strong for me. I needed only few hits maybe 1-3 hits and was dead. The regen didn’t give me much durability in fights. It was only worth it betweed fights where I would regenerate one blow over time. Thus not to strong in my opinion.

I was actually looking forward for some balance between the three careers, would be nice to see more handmaidens or shades around

2 Likes

people already complained about the elf being a noob magnet that teaches bad habbits… and then they do this… she basically needs to take regular damage in order to stay between 31% and 49% hp to actually utilize her talents well… which then leads to her having crazy high damage taken in the scoreboard, and then people start crying about how OP regen is again… :man_facepalming:

what they SHOULD have done, to actually encourage better behavior, learning how to block and dodge, general damage avoidance… was make it so that her level 15 passives only function if she is at FULL hp… reward damage avoidance, not push her to deliberately take damage… which on higher difficulties with double grim… well… those talents and her passive are going to be pretty much all useless. Welcome to 1 shot city, population: you. “shoot me so i can heal you!” good job turning her into a masochist. At least if it was the otehr way, and the level 15 talents required full hp, it rewards people for learning how to play well, preparing them for other careers of hers and other heroes, and it actually synergizes with her other stuff. Then, just make some fine tuning to the potency and frequency of the regen… I can’t even begin to imagine what was going through peoples heads to think that how they handled this was a good idea.

2 Likes

haaahaaaa if you don’t know how to elf, don’t embarrass yourself.

og right… an update… it was confirmed by the devs that her level 15 talents are not working as intended, something in the code broke before launch and had to be canceled for now. should be fixed later in the week hopefully. the group regen is supposed to be based on the HP of your allies, not your own, and arrow regen is supposed to work regardless of your hp. In other words, a fix is on the way to make it what it’s supposed to be.

4 Likes

I hope they revert the regen back to full health where it belongs; starting at 17% when you’re running 2 grims is just silly. It’s basically worthless at that point.

1 Like

Heal regen was good for normal and vet. On champion was/ is no needed at all.
What I mean on champ if you have 2x grim, and you get his as Keri you are dead (well in 80% of case). So trust me for me they can remove the regen and get rid of 15 lvl talents.

When I’m not any near good player in this game, but i believe i know something, what is good and usefull and what is not.
My main: image

2 Likes

Should I screenshot my foot knight next to say that having an elf in the group /w her shared regen on made her someone I found valuable THEN, but consider vote-kicking now…especially considering she’s going to be shooting me in the back of the head with arrows anyway?

We should be encouraging class differences, not doing the opposite. Sameness might be fine for a society from 1984, but in the videogame world that leads to burnout and hurts the game’s replay value.

Well I would say: you as Foot Knight you should know this and appreciated more her Handmaiden stamina regen which is god like compare to health regen.

I don’t need stamina regen though; my build provides enough as is. And we’re talking about the Waystalker, not Handmaiden, right?