Earn-/Re-Blessing

Unless I am missing something, the Crafting System in regard to Blessings makes no sense.
I thought in what scenario would someone Bless a weapon with an inferior version of a blessing, waste resources and lock the second blessing?

I don’t expect people to bless their main weapon which they are trying to max out with a lower level blessing, so what’s the point in having them?
The only case someone would use a lower level blessing, would be to test them out on a weapon they are ok to scrap later on, but even that is such a narrow use case.

I wished to earn the blessing itself, which you can level up with resources and not a leveled version of it. And also, why not have more blessings shared between weapons?

1 Like

when u start a new character there is no access to high level blessings, and on low lvl its much more cheaper, so new players can juggle back and forth trying out things.

1 Like

Sure, but that’s such a Short period of time, still makes no sense. Just earning the blessing and being able to level it would have the same effect.

I agree that there is no sense to collect lower tier blessing.
There should be only one window that show you all blessings of the weapon and only the max tier you have collected.

Also, we should be able to upgrade the blessing locked on a weapon.

3 Likes

Yeah, agree, the whole locking one Blessing or Trait system is also kind of bs.

1 Like

Not all blessings exist in all tiers.
Having separate tabs for tier 1-4 gives a better overview of what you do and do not have unlocked.
But there are a few things that could be improved in regard to the rebless interface.

• All locked blessings should still be visible (but greyed out) so that players can see which blessings are available at each tier, and what effect they have. Currently we just see a question mark with no information regarding the blessing or the effect that it has.
  • When a blessing is selected by clicking on it, the effect of that blessing should be continuously displayed, and only NOT be shown, while the cursor is hovering over a different blessing. Currently, the effect of a blessing from the list is only displayed while the cursor is on the blessing, even if a blessing has been selected.
1 Like

What Relendil said, therenis no point in having a tier 2 blessing if you have the tier 3, there should not be slots for blessing of evry tier, just one interface with all the blessings you have collected at the highest tier.

1 Like

Your mistake is assuming that everyone interacting with the Earn/Re-blessing system is in your exact situation.

Tier 1/2 blessings are for leveling and new-ish players. Also, some T2 blessings are perfectly useable. Deadly Moementum on MkV combat axe ia a good example.

Of course, Darktide still has a problem with trash/junk Blessings, but that’s a different problem.

These are good suggestions, much better than OP.

Your mistake is to assume that i didn’t take new players into account :slight_smile: Also i basically meant the same thing as Ralendil. No idea why you’re thinking so rigid and reflecting that on me.

The only way I could see using a lower tier blessing instead of higher is if the blessing had some sort of draw back that also scaled. For example, if there was a blessing that increased power but decreased attack speed and they scaled together where say the tier 2 gave +30% power and -10% attack speed and the tier 4 gave +60% power and -20% attack speed, or something like that. I could see using a lower tier one that meets a specific break point, but as far as I know there aren’t any like that. Maybe they have something like that planned, but yeah currently there is no reason to use a lower tier blessing, even as a new player, I tell new players to not even bother with crafting until they are level 30 and have some tier 3s.

Limbsplitter was like that until they made the penalty to subsequent attacks in a chain a flat 10% across all tiers.

1 Like