Duelling sword, ghost hits?

So i pretty much only use the duelling sword on Psyker now because it’s the most fun weapon in my personal experience.
However… sometimes i get multiple kills in one stroke on crits against full health enemies and sometimes i only get one.
Sometimes i manage to kill hordes fast with it and sometimes slow when i’m engaging them solo and i manage to trigger the 40% damage boost everytime with my push-attack.

My question is if anyone has done any testing regarding this weapon. We all know the game suffer from extreme phantom/ghost hits with all weapons but some weapons just feels like it happens even more such as the duelling sword.

1 Like

“ghost hits” is a common issue across all weapons. Nothing better than a high risk attack which lands, yet the server says NO and you do no damage. With high attack speed and low attack speed weapons you will notice this more often. I would imagine this is down to an issue with “netcode” or general server performance.

2 Likes

Yeah this is unfortunately an issue that comes down to lag between the player and the server, as far as anyone can tell at least. It affects all hit registration which is why some enemy CC, like dog pounces, are unpredictable to dodge. FS afaik hasn’t commented on it but I’m not sure what could be done other than upgrading all their servers anyway. It’s particularly damning when you use slow deliberate weapons (e.g. hammer, revolver)