Drachenfels: Expectations?

Confirmed on todays stream this is not the case, no illusion this time.

7 Likes

Oh that’s unexpected!
In that case I’ll eat my own cynical words. Great news then!

1 Like

Phew.

Olesya has rapidly fallen from my favorite stagecoach driver to annoying old hag with the constant interruptions and immersion breaking dialogue in BtU.

4 Likes

Slightly off topic, can we have a little mini game where you’re on Olysia’s Carriage rattling along a mountain pass to get to Drakenfels and you have to look out of the windows and pick off the gunners/globes/flamers etc that are shooting from the roadside trying to stop the coach? Hop out to clear a roadblock while ambushed?

Awesome.

3 Likes

A short escape in the running cart would always have been the best ending for any map.
You know just to shoot out some of that left over ammo like always.
Cart Olessya was a nice touch unlike the illusion stuff.
I absolutely hate the ugly unimersive and strangely conviniently placed portals in the enemies backyards.

Did I mention that it is despicable elven stuff and probably spreads Slaanesh’s depravities? Good citizens should stay clear of such heresy.

5 Likes

I thought it very telling in terms of how cut and paste the BtU maps were that Horn starts with the in-game year text in the middle of the screen, making it the only level in VT2 that does so. It’s obviously not a big deal that the date is displayed, it just shows Fatshark are willing to accept random silly inconsistencies if removing them requires a bit of effort.

And yet some inconsistencies they don’t bother with aren’t silly at all, for example Horn’s lack of a finale respawn. Good times.

2 Likes

Well It’s inconsistent with V2 not V1 :P.

Not even just the finale, the barrel-blow-the-doors event halfway gets pretty tough with 2 or 1 of you.

Yeah, agreed.

But that’s cool that the new Drachenfels won’t be an illusion. I do expect that things will be a little changed; maybe they’ll enlarge the tunnels somewhat, or cause some areas to be broken up and have more space, because otherwise fighting any Monster in there is gonna be a huge pain in the butt. I could see the finale run being the same, though.

As for final boss . . . I could imagine a one-off new boss, a Vampire or something. I think it’s unlikely, but making one new Lord seems plausible.

All I know is I want a new boss fight. Back to Ubersreik did not have a Lord, Bogenhafen did not have a Lord even though it built itself up for one, Dark Omens did not have a Lord…

I found out the other day that mod which allows you to edit your UI has an option to turn off Olesya dialogue and an option to open chest/vaults faster. I can’t believe I played for like 1700 hours without it :joy:

3 Likes

Opening chests faster, and a faster end game screen (where you earn the boxes) as approved mods would make me sooooooooo happy…

I realize though, the last one isn’t going to happen because you can’t make it for the unofficial realm since you don’t earn boxes there, so it can’t be approved… Catch 22…

2 Likes

What would also be nice as final boss is some form of nurgle demon prince. Generally some more demon stuff would also be nice and would fit in better imo than undead.

Demons would fit a lot better indeed, but a Nurgle prince would have the Ubersreik 5 for lunch…

4 Likes

The rot blood shaman who has been messing around with the illusions in btu or the guy who sold out Ussingen - as a warped boss one of these would be better I think.

5 Likes

Aye, a greater demon would require a lot of sabotague (weakening its connection to the physical plane in the form of any rituals and/or sacrifices sustaining it) to ‘beat’ and even then they’d just be sending it back to the chaos realm, express delivery. Even so a lesser demon would be more plausible.

Now… if we had had a certain vampire… we might stand a chance against a daemon, just saying :joy:

1 Like

heresy

3 Likes

There’s an ancient Druchii proverb that has been passed down through many generations, from the mightiest Dreadlord to the lowliest slave laborer.

To this day, it rings an objective truth - an undeniable facet of reality, that can neither be ignored nor refuted:

C E A S E Y O U R P R O V O C A T I O N S

2 Likes

Which mod?