Do the Steam reviews truly reflect current state of the game?

literally broken game → negative reviews

1 Like

If the gameplay loop itself is enough for you, in my case I’m very much on the fence given all the other issues, especially connectivity -then even in its current state it’s worth it. Barely.

If you can ignore all the crap, and enjoy harder, more shooty, 40k Vermintide - then yeah. It’s just barely worth it.

But not if you have connectivity issues like I do. Their servers are finiky. Very frustrating. Not worth the money then.

1 Like

No, you don’t. That’s what I explained last post: you can use a web interface to check all your shops in like 10 secs (another 10 if you check Melk’s shops too).

Currently it’s broken. Meaning you can install the browser extension and you should be able to login to the site itself, but it won’t display your shop because the recent patch broke things. (Installing the extension is a one-time thing. The site itself is what you’ll want to bookmark.)

Launcher time was included (in double-click to char select). It was too short to bother splitting it out. Honestly if it wasn’t for my own interest in tracking how the game’s perf might change over time, I wouldn’t have bothered sub-dividing it at all.

Wrong! You just need to update the addon manually!

For those that purchased on release and were told that certain things would be added to the game, it has been a let down. I think thats where a lot of the reviews are coming from.
If you come with none of those expectations and know what is available in the game, the core gameplay is very fun and by the time you grind out level 30 characters it “should” be in a great place if fatshark gets moving.
They have lost a lot of community trust with failed promises over the last months.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the extension post-patch when someone mentioned it working in Firefox. But I’m in Chrome and it still doesn’t work. I get to the site and everything looks correct except the shop section doesn’t populate (just has a spinning load symbol).

It was the same on firefox, compare your version with the one on github. I had to go to the addon’s tab and check for updates manually.

Ah, I didn’t know about that extension. It genuinely shaves a lot of wasted time.
You can’t buy anything, just browse, right?

the steam reviews are mostly accurate and objective. the gameplay itself is amazing, the progression system, myriad of bugs/performance, QoL, load times and servers are terrible.

Fatshark shot their load too early and released an unfinished game, this is nothing new for them. If you really need something to play and have a beefy pc get it, have a 100 or more hours of fun (if it works) til it becomes tedious or frustrating then put it down for a while.

Otherwise check back in 6 to 18 months because no doubt the game will be overhauled between now and then like its predecessor and it’ll be on its way to being a robust product.

Nvm, it looks like Chrome is being slow to aprove.

Yeah just browsing, but the main time savings is load times in/out of hub like you mentioned. And a little running time.