I think bosses in Darktide should as well drop something.
Plasteel and/or diamantine
with a tiny rare chance to drop a Stimm/medikit, ammo crate or one pair of grenade.
and maybe a fun penance of defeating 1000 - 5000 monstrosities for a portrait frame.
i would love this, i actually had an idea kinda like it where monsters will drop skins for weapons that make your weapon look like one used by an enemy with the chances of one dropping being low, possibly around 5% and a pity system where killing 300 with no drop will give you the skin instead along with every monster kill giving you around 50-100 plasteel or diamantine.
That’d be pretty neat actually. Maybe attach a percentage based reward to it but add some risk to the scanning process in the form of a dense horde or something. Like a grim / scrip collection task conceptually but more immediate, more dangerous, and more rewarding.
Reward for killing Monstrosities?
To be honest, I don’t really care, like 200 plasteel will not make a huge difference to anything, but I guess it would be nice to see the shiny.
Portrait for killing them sounds real nice tho, would like that
Fair enough. You’re entitled to your own opinion and all of that.
Why not? Vermintide 2 literally does this.
It doesn’t have to be materials, maybe each scanned Monstrosity could reward you with an additional Emperor’s Gift instead? I think that could help a lot with the upcoming “Sacrificing” system.
Post Scriptum: Daemonhosts should remain unrewarded because having an incentive to trigger them would be contradictory to their point. Daemonhosts are a punishment, not a prize.
I dislike totally VT2. For a part, it is due to such things that remind me bad “RpG” games like the first D&D games… for an other part, it is liked also to the fact that we can’t choose any character we want… we are tied to the characters proposed in the mission.
The monster gives you a gift from the emperor. Don’t you see where is the problem? monster… emperor…
We have a gift at the end. This one should be better each time we kill a monster. Fact is, the emperor’s gift is exactly what they advertised. A close to be broken weapon found on a dead soldier in a random battlefield.
This “gift” (my inventory is full of these gifts) should be something good. Especially if you just finished an auric maelstrom and have met 3 monstrosities.
Again, you’re entitled to your opinion. I quite like Vermintide 2, and I think rewarding players for killing Monstrosities isn’t inherently a bad thing… unless that Monstrosity’s a Daemonhost.
While it’s not relevant to the conversation at hand, I do completely understand your frustration with this. I ended up just levelling everyone to 30 with Champion Solos before I started to play with pubs again.
Wouldn’t the Inquisition want to encourage and reward our continued killing of these foul abominations?
Considering the upcoming “Power” and “Mastery” systems, this does seem kind of pointless to me.
Don’t really have any strong feelings about this. Like in vermintide 2 the original reason for boss dices existing was because no one cared to run something like skittergate or really any of the boss maps if you wanted to farm boxes. Boss dices made it so skittergate all the sudden became lot more interesting when you could guarantee a emperor box drop and even missing grim/tome was not that big of an deal.
You really don’t have that issue here, primarily because yeah we can’t even pick the dam map.
Also if i don’t totally mis-remember, v1 bosses gave you absolutely nothing when killed?
While true, I wouldn’t look to VT1 in this instance. Once they realized they had a good thing going, Fatshark made some improvements to QoL, but they were largely focused on making the sequel.
We can only speculate so much on design intent there.
That’d be pretty neat actually. Maybe attach a percentage based reward to it but add some risk to the scanning process in the form of a dense horde or something. Like a grim / scrip collection task conceptually but more immediate, more dangerous, and more rewarding.
Daemonhosts shouldn’t reward you at all. Full stop. The point is to avoid them and suffer the consequences of your actions when you don’t. Darktide’s got more than enough things to encourage bad behaviour at the moment.
Who in the Emperor’s name wants to both potentially lose a teammate and then gain a bunch of passive Corruption just for a few extra Dockets? I’d never play above regular Damnation without a premade team ever again… think about the gigantic risk of someone being out of their depth and going “Oh my Gawd, guysh… pleash just wait a sec becosh I need Gwims” and then giving us 25% more chance of wiping just because they personally got too greedy and died.
The current Grimoire system is somehow better in practice because at least it won’t risk killing a teammate.